General Election 2024

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Even the most strident advocates of Parliamentary democracy must have their beliefs tested when they watch these sort of clips.  :(

I know what you mean, but it's a pretty strange concept of democracy when it has a chamber which includes in its membership hundreds of unelected members, 90-odd folk who are there because of who their parents were and 26 folk who are there because of their position in a church.

1 hour ago, JS_FFC said:

This place is full of roasters

To be fair, the guy talking about drinking shit was good. The young guy - is that a thing? New drivers not being allowed passengers until the age of 28?

39 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I know what you mean, but it's a pretty strange concept of democracy when it has a chamber which includes in its membership hundreds of unelected members, 90-odd folk who are there because of who their parents were and 26 folk who are there because of their position in a church.

Missionaries?

13 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

To be fair, the guy talking about drinking shit was good. The young guy - is that a thing? New drivers not being allowed passengers until the age of 28?

Not quite, but he’s likely talking about Kim Leadbetter’s graduated license bill - won’t have time to pass before Parliament’s dissolved tho - https://uk.news.yahoo.com/driving-licence-changes-could-affect-091839504.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAMNiyeZV96DEt3bA_aRUUx6SDW27cWnzOAU5VL5yiyBNWpMQ4qskCD-ZK5W90fn2FvxQY0cJITVArxywdOkQBPDvrmLqYJWjEztzeEStcO_tN4RJmf-dDv7loM9RExFHdj72qo673T4IK1MhYSxtWKIaNImJcF6JqVAz2tI7terD

2 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

This place is full of roasters

Vox Pops are always miserably depressing. The answers from Tories are always either "I dunno anything about it, but they're good and the other lot are bad, even though I have absolutely no reason for thinking so", or "they need to punish the coloureds and poors more so I feel better about my situation".

Meanwhile, they're all gradually worse off and blaming people with no power for it. Wouldn't have surprised me if it turned out that the sensible bloke in that clip had finished with "...but, of course, I'll have to vote Conservative because imagine if Starmer got in".

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I hope Corbyn wins.

I'd imagine everybody does, for a variety of different reasons.

He's almost certain to, surely. Apparently he's popular in Islington and seems to have been a good MP. You'd have thought it would be a Canavan situation.

34 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Vox Pops are always miserably depressing. The answers from Tories are always either "I dunno anything about it, but they're good and the other lot are bad, even though I have absolutely no reason for thinking so", or "they need to punish the coloureds and poors more so I feel better about my situation".

Meanwhile, they're all gradually worse off and blaming people with no power for it. Wouldn't have surprised me if it turned out that the sensible bloke in that clip had finished with "...but, of course, I'll have to vote Conservative because imagine if Starmer got in".

47 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Worse.  Appointed by a King on "the advice" of the Prime Minister. 

Not even a Scientologist or Pastafarian in sight...

OK.  Missionary was the only church related position I was familiar with.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

OK.  Missionary was the only church related position I was familiar with.

Have they banned doggie and reverse cowgirl now?

7 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

That’s a year out of date.

Its not...its a bigger sample 3,586 Conducted between  10 April to 21 May.

If these were the results SNP 27 Lab 24 then Scotland is Independent in 6 weeks time...negotiations beginning then.

'Conference believes that if the SNP subsequently wins a majority of the seats at the General Election in Scotland, the Scottish Government is empowered to begin immediate negotiations with the UK Government to give democratic effect to Scotland becoming an independent country and establish a Constitutional Convention constituted by the  by the MPs elected to Westminster, MSPs and representatives of civic Scotland. Conference reaffirms the commitment to set up a Constitutional Convention made in January 2020

Conference motion from October 23 

The SNP clarified this could be achieved via the UK government entering into talks on independence

(from BBC News)

Posted (edited)
Just now, JS_FFC said:

Boris going full blown “yer da”

If being a pescetarian makes you a woke lefty I assume as a vegetarian I'm a Stalinist tankie or something now.

Edited by GNU_Linux

5 hours ago, BFTD said:

Vox Pops are moronic.

They interview two people in Kirkcaldy.

"I'm voting for this party."

"I'm voting for that party."

"As you can see folks, the vote in Kirkcaldy is split 50-50".