General Election 2024

1 minute ago, carpetmonster said:

Chop one out for Pob. 

Why do politicians resignation letters always contain a bunch of wanky shite like this? Theyre always a self congratulatory list of achievements. Every time I’ve ever resigned from a job it’s usually just a one line letter to me boss informing them that I’m serving my notice and thanking them for the opportunity. 

2 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Why do politicians resignation letters always contain a bunch of wanky shite like this? Theyre always a self congratulatory list of achievements. Every time I’ve ever resigned from a job it’s usually just a one line letter to me boss informing them that I’m serving my notice and thanking them for the opportunity. 

Oh, I didn’t bother reading it, I just thought ‘don’t let the door hit you mate, and let’s see how lucky you get if the polis decide to search you on a Friday night when you’re not an MP anymore’ 

Bit annoying that so many of the Portillo moment candidates have seen the writing on the wall and legged it.

Would love to see Jeremy Hunt papped out by the Lib Dem’s.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Michael Gove standing down.

Translation -

"fucking coward with wafer-thin majority dodges long-overdue humiliation".

Every incumbent should be forced to stand in perpetuity, until they either drop dead, or are punted by the electorate.

Edited by Boo Khaki

5 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Bit annoying that so many of the Portillo moment candidates have seen the writing on the wall and legged it.

Jacob Rees Mogg should be a goner as well.

Looking forward to Gullis being punted too.

9 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Gove will get a seat in the big hoose to ensure his troughing continues 

He’ll have more time to spend with his family dealer.

12 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Blair 2.0 and acolytes in plp = no great difference whoever gets papped 

None of them want to be standing in a suburban leisure centre as a 26 year old Labour staffer overturns their 25,000 majority.

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

None of them want to be standing in a suburban leisure centre as a 26 year old Labour staffer overturns their 25,000 majority.

DIRECTLY INTO MY VEINS!

giphy.gif

TBF, it’s making the decision to get pished on the 4th of July easier. Sir Roger Chinless-Tytte getting emptied from some Home Counties seat you’ve never been within 100 miles of doesn’t have quite the same schadenfreudic appeal. 

4 minutes ago, Binos said:

Blair 2.0 and acolytes in plp = no great difference whoever gets papped 

I mean, many of us on here grew up under “Blair 1.0” and most people in the country found life much easier back then. You could get a GP appointment whenever you wanted, the trains weren’t permanently late/cancelled, it didn’t cost over £1000 a month to rent a one bed flat and vulnerable immigrants weren’t being thrown on a flight to Rwanda. So if your charge is that the incoming government are “Blair 2.0 and acolytes”, then I’ll be delighted when they serve up a Portillo moment to this wretched outgoing government.

29 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Reading between the lines and being so nice about everybody else he is basically telling Liz Truss to f*** off.

1 minute ago, Fullerene said:

Reading between the lines and being so nice about everybody else he is basically telling Liz Truss to f*** off.

I thought he just didn’t mention Truss because he was a backbencher under her government.

58 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Didn't know he was a Rangers fan!

Apparently Gove is a Rangers fan, the QPR variety though.

And as if last season wasn’t bad enough, he also claims to be an Aberdeen fan. 

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

I mean, many of us on here grew up under “Blair 1.0” and most people in the country found life much easier back then. You could get a GP appointment whenever you wanted, the trains weren’t permanently late/cancelled, it didn’t cost over £1000 a month to rent a one bed flat and vulnerable immigrants weren’t being thrown on a flight to Rwanda. So if your charge is that the incoming government are “Blair 2.0 and acolytes”, then I’ll be delighted when they serve up a Portillo moment to this wretched outgoing government.

Have they said these things are going to change 

I've seen no policy whatsoever 

Also, tbh, that's more about the structural decline of the UK from then till now, which will continue 

Edited by Binos