General Election 2024

5 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

C'mon now. Don't muddy the waters with facts.

Don't you know that you're supposed to blame immigrants for everything.

What farage has done is give racists the tools to talk about their racism without seemingly being racist. 

For example, no person who isn't racist ever starts an answer as to what Britain's biggest problem is with 'Britain's full'.

I don't believe Farage himself is actually racist. It's a means to an end for him.

1 minute ago, sparky88 said:

I don't believe Farage himself is actually racist. It's a means to an end for him.

He certainly hides it well.

5 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Fairly sure he is. Yes, he'll be getting even more dosh from party funders, but at the heart of that man lie odious, pathetic, dangerous rantings that need called out whenever and wherever he's spouting his garbage. 

12 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

He certainly is but probably a little bit more sophisticated than a Little Englander.

As much as he a Brexit bampot he probably has no great hatred of western Europeans (1st wife Irish, 2nd German and his kids hold both german & UK passports and speak german).

But throw non european and coloured and 'changing culture' into the mix and he is 100% racist, and sink the boats. UK/Europe (but not EU as that means pesky banking rules and human rights for workers and fair treatment), and everyone else from other continents is bad and unwanted.

39 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Wages are being driven down by migrants is a cracker. 

The minimum wage has increased by nearly 30% in the last 3 years. 

The last rise even took the minimum to just below  the real living wage.  Having been absolutely miles off it for years.  

Still not enough but probably the best thing they've done in their 14 years. 

Not that it's going to happen, but just out of curiosity... say Labour won by miles and the Tories and Lib Dems both finished joint second with the same number of seats, which party would be classed as "The Opposition"?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Not that it's going to happen, but just out of curiosity... say Labour won by miles and the Tories and Lib Dems both finished joint second with the same number of seats, which party would be classed as "The Opposition"?

Davey & Sunak in an It's a Knockout style fight with big foam costumes in the middle of Parliament Square with Steve Bray on the decks blasting out the theme from Rocky is the tie-breaker.

Edited by MEADOWXI

6 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Weirdly - and it’s been overlooked since the Charter was set in 1846 because it’s never had to happen - it’s a paddleboarding and water slide competition. Ed Davey hasn’t been campaigning, he’s been training

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sparky88 said:

Farage is what is often referred to as a "Golf Club Racist." An Upper Middle-Class bloke, you'd expect to be a natural Tory who holds court at the bar, and after a couple of large ones, he says stuff that you'd normally hear in blunter terms from a shaved head wearing bovver boots. And it's all wrapped in his image,  either as the country gentleman in Barbour or the suited City Trader look with the keys to his new Jaguar rattling in his pocket.

However, he's far too clever to allow himself to be lumped in with the proles in the Tommeh Robinson crowd, and he's way more dangerous.  Because Good Old Nige isn't some brain-dead football thug, and he's not some knuckle-dragging skinhead who wants to beat up Asian shopkeepers. No, good old Nige is a salesman, "telling it like it is" which is code for selling far-right bigoted bollocks under a veneer of respectability.

Edited by AndyM

I wonder if there’s a tipping point where Reform, rather than the Tories, are the party to unite the 30% of the electorate that are solidly right of centre and then the Tories will properly fall apart. The 10% of the electorate that are old school one nation Tories will go Lib Dem.

Apparently he could take us to streets in Oldham where nobody speaks English. Because of Muslims you see. Blatantly made up shite + stirring the anti muslim pot again.  He's a dreg. 

4 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Apparently he could take us to streets in Oldham where nobody speaks English. Because of Muslims you see. Blatantly made up shite + stirring the anti muslim pot again.  He's a dreg. 

Was that from the interview on BBC R4 earlier?

The same interview he didn't like being asked if his children spoke more than one language, if Muslims are fair game, surely his children are too.

16 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Was that from the interview on BBC R4 earlier?

The same interview he didn't like being asked if his children spoke more than one language, if Muslims are fair game, surely his children are too.

I saw it reported in the mail. Don't worry, i consider it reconnaissance behind enemy lines and not reading the news. 

Farage kind of marries that upper middle-class respectability and public school background with not being an Oxford Union, career politician type, like a Cameron or an Osborne. I obviously don't know how well Reform will fare across England here, but I think that balance - combined with just being a bigger, more charismatic personality - has built him access to a broader pool of personal support. 

Robinson is mentioned above. You look at the typical crowd turning out for Robinson nowadays, and probably since he became a thing - they stagger about looking ready for a street fight, shout and swear a lot with a can of lager in hand, and piss all over residential areas. Robinson demands absolutely nothing from them, and Farage is and has been intelligent enough to know that he can't be too closely associated with that lot otherwise his ceiling would become much smaller. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Welcome to Clacton,

image.png.a310b2dbff839c0c95dc176b11931977.png

THAT...............is Great British Values, right there.

Give that young Lady an OBE

Edited by DublinMagyar

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Apparently he could take us to streets in Oldham Benidorm where nobody speaks English Spanish. Because of Muslims Brits you see. 

His supporters will love their trips to Spain to immerse themselves in the culture, and probably all dream of moving or retiring there, to experience the local culture. But hey, it's OK for us to pollute other countries as we're obviously not immigrants. 

31 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Welcome to Clacton,

image.png.a310b2dbff839c0c95dc176b11931977.png

I could discuss the rights or wrongs of this all day long but I'd like to focus on something far more important.

Look at the perfect arch of that milkshake.  She's clearly been practising.  It's a thing of absolute beauty.

Just now, The Minertaur said:

I could discuss the rights or wrongs of this all day long but I'd like to focus on something far more important.

Look at the perfect arch of that milkshake.  She's clearly been practising.  It's a thing of absolute beauty.

it's pretty childish tbf

6 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

A moment later...

TELEMMGLPICT000380468852_17175081848780_