General Election 2024

Just now, DrewDon said:

Aberdeen South, Aberdeenshire West and Aberdeenshire North all projected for the Tories. We are simply never beating the allegations. 

Offshore workers are all tories. 

Just now, Binos said:

A useless wee puddin who doesn't actually want to be in Scottish politics 

The old Groucho Marx thing about he wouldn’t want to be part of any club that would have him as a member - I wonder if sometimes in his quiet moments Dross reflects on having to represent the type of folk that would vote for someone like him? 

Exit poll predicting five Tory gains from SNP.

They've never been wildly out in seat numbers overall, but who beats who in individual seats is something they've called badly in Scotland before. It would seem weird in an election like this to have Labour voters tactically voting Tory to get the SNP out in places like Aberdeen and Stirling, in a way it wasn't as weird in 2017.

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

What’s the first seat due to declare in Scotland?

Hamilton something or other as I recall. 

I'm off to bed as I can't bear this culmination of idiocy. 

Just now, Angus_Don said:

So apart from Baker having a 1% chance of keeping his seat what other big names are a goner for the Tories south of the border? 

Penny Mordaunt and Jeremy Hunt both looks a goners

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Yeah, I’d get Labour or Lib Dem gains but voting Tory now seems utterly insane. 

If you look at say Ochil & Perthshire South last time it was SNP 45%, Conservative + Unionist 40%, Labour 10%, Lib Dems 5%... they will be applying swing and predicting that SNP fall by 5% or more than Conservatives meaning they overtake them while Labour can't make it far enough up from a low start to overtake both.

Sceptical this is actually going to be manifested in many seats tbh.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

Offshore workers are all anti-Labour. 

FTFY

ETA: and as such I suspect Unionist offshore workers would probably vote Tory. 😒

Edited by Hedgecutter

Posted (edited)

Harriet Harman on Ch4 discussing how it'd be terrible for Tory peers in the House of Lords to hinder Labour in the commons. She suggested appointing Labour peers to balance out the Lords. 

How about dissolving the fucker? Sad that the closest Britain came to abolishing it was before Titanic sunk. 

Edited by Oceanlineayr

Just now, Oceanlineayr said:

Harriet Harman on Ch4 discussing how it'd be terrible for Tory peers in the lords to hinder Labour in the commons. She suggested appointing Labour peers to balance out the Lords. 

How about dissolving the fucker? Sad that the closest Britain came to abolishing it was before Titanic sunk. 

An elected upper house would be better but it's not going to happen any time soon.

Just now, Binos said:

This is a sad night for the country of Scotland 

Just rename it north britain and be done with it 

We are a sorry state. Embarrassing at football and unbelievably naive.