General Election 2024

Just now, HibeeJibee said:

If you look at say Ochil & Perthshire South last time it was SNP 45%, Conservative + Unionist 40%, Labour 10%, Lib Dems 5%... they will be applying swing and predicting that SNP fall by 8% or more than Conservatives meaning they overtake them while Labour can't make it far enough from a low start up to overtake both.

Sceptical this is actually going to be manifested in many seats tbh.

Yeah, it’s not impossible and of course the polls may be right. It just seems so odd when this election has been very much a story of “Get the tories out” and I’d have imagined the Tories clinging on to the seats they had but not gaining.

They wouldn’t have gained seats in Scotland for years, so they choose their worst period of government to vote for them? 

1 minute ago, Binos said:

This is a sad night for the country of Scotland 

Just rename it north britain and be done with it 

10 years in the making. We shat it back in 2014 (not me, I did my duty). We voted for English rule so shut up and take it.

13 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Why can't Sunderland just chill?

They take the first declaration very seriously, they have people doing practice sessions for weeks in advance 😂

Just now, Jambomo said:

Yeah, it’s not impossible and of course the polls may be right. It just seems so odd when this election has been very much a story of “Get the tories out” and I’d have imagined the Tories clinging on to the seats they had but not gaining.

They wouldn’t have gained seats in Scotland for years, so they choose their worst period of government to vote for them? 

They don't necessarily need people to start voting Conservative & Unionist who didn't last time they just need fewer people to stop voting Conservative than stop voting SNP.

Somebody falling from an aeroplane with a parachute will end-up above somebody falling without.

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Vine saying the Tories are managing to successfully defend their Scottish seats.

This fucking country is just desperate to shaft itself at every opportunity

Who cares what Jeremy vine says. 

I hate Scotland.

Bunch of utter fucking wallopers desperate to suckle any teet of the union whether it's Tory or Labour which are tantamount to the same thing these days with just a different badge.

Equally though, hard not to be seething with the SNP. They've managed to f**k things in quite glorious style.

4 minutes ago, edinabear said:

It is great to see the demise of the Scottish Nationalists. Destroyed Scotland over the last 15 years with their backwards separatism. The Union has never been safer. 

IMG_2786.gif

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Vine saying the Tories are managing to successfully defend their Scottish seats.

Which is likely due to a collapse in the SNP vote. 

Will be interesting to see the swing from SNP to Labour in those seats. 

Just now, HibeeJibee said:

They don't necessarily need people to start voting Conservative & Unionist who didn't last time they just need fewer people to stop voting Conservative than stop voting SNP.

Somebody falling from an aeroplane with a parachute will end-up above somebody falling without.

Exactly all these cock and balls soon add up ! Bottom line is it looks like a lit of the SNP voters have sat on their hands while up here the Tory vote looks to have held up better, the Yoon effect. 

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

I hate Scotland.

Bunch of utter fucking wallopers desperate to suckle any teet of the union whether it's Tory or Labour which are tantamount to the same thing these days with just a different badge.

Equally though, hard not to be seething with the SNP. They've managed to f**k things in quite glorious style.

If Peter Murrell is guilty of the things he’s accused of I’d be in favour of a public execution.

12 minutes ago, Self-raising Lazarus said:

Nadine Dorris lasted 10 minutes on channel 4 before embarrassing herself. Why are her and the mentalist Kwarteng on the TV?

Money

11 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Aberdeen South, Aberdeenshire West and Aberdeenshire North all projected for the Tories. We are simply never beating the allegations. 

But you can rob billions and give it to your pals and it's ignored.

3 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

I get what you are saying but it still requires some people voting Tory. Those folk should be ashamed. 

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

A 20-30% drop in the Tory vote in England and Wales. 10% in Scotland.

What a fucking minter.

If true... this night will be for Douglas Ross what 2017 was for Ruth Davidson, reputation-wise.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

Who cares what Jeremy vine says. 

He’s presenting the exit poll data, tbf. The fact it’s Vine saying it is largely irrelevant. 

Edited by The Master