General Election 2024

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

Ch4 suggesting Labour will get 410 seats on just 36% of the vote. Ridiculous if true.

Basically apathy is the winner

Hardly be a ringing endorsement for Flynn to parachute into Holyrood 'cos he'd just lost his Westminster seat to a Conservative & Unionist nobody had heard of... on their worst UK night since Georgian times... although my nose still tells me this won't transpire.

3 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Apologies if already posted, but the Scottish exit poll projections: 

That has SNP coming 3rd on 7 behind Conservative & Unionists on 12.

Inconceivable.

Just now, STFU_Donny said:

I’m amazed Aberdeen South is going conservative. Waiting for the results.

Interestingly, the exit poll has it more likely to be a Labour gain than an SNP hold. I'm not being funny here, but as someone who 'knows' the Labour candidate, he is a nice enough bloke but would be absolutely laughable as an MP. Not the sharpest tool, etc. It might actually be preferable if the Tory guy won it. 

Just now, Gibby82 said:

Ammo for Aberdeen and St Johnstone match threads is the one consolation from that shambles. 

The battle of the (Tory) b*****ds. 

Just now, Binos said:

He lent them 100k and wanted some of his money back 

Stupidity is all it was

You don't get charged for that and no one knows exactly what happened yet so no idea how you are coming to that conclusion. I agree it was all a circus but this isn't some sort of conspiracy theory stitch up as you seem to undertones alluding to. 

5 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Apologies if already posted, but the Scottish exit poll projections: 

Surrounded by Tories in Perth and Angus. Disgusting behaviour. Dundee the tap lads of Scotland again but amazing to see Arbroath fighting the good fight as well.

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Think we can officially put Scotland in the mud then.  Time to pick up a useful skill and f**k off :lol:

At the 2010 GE the SNP won 6 seats, five years later they won 56 seats.  Labour were written off last time around and appear to be heading for a landslide this time.  The LibDems were on their uppers in 2015 dropping to just 8 seats from 57 yet are projected to be on course for 61 seats.

Nothing lasts forever and political fortunes can change in a very short timespan.

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

Interestingly, the exit poll has it more likely to be a Labour gain than an SNP hold. I'm not being funny here, but as someone who 'knows' the Labour candidate, he is a nice enough bloke but would be absolutely laughable as an MP. Not the sharpest tool, etc. It might actually be preferable if the Tory guy won it. 

BBC reporting this seat as ‘too close to call’ now.

3 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Yeah, heard he’s a bit of an idiot through his time as a councillor.