Major election gaffes 2024

What will be this year’s version of Gordon Brown calling a voter a bigot or Ed Miliband eating a bacon sandwich or Nigel Farage literally crashing a plane on election day? 

Keep an eye on 30p Lee and REFUK for something that'll seem straight out of the National Front's Seventies playbook; non-Caucasian Britons to have their passports revoked, or some such shite.

Well, it'll seem like something that would've been a gaffe twenty years ago, at any rate.

Hardly a major gaffe, but the Helensburgh Advertiser is reporting that Amanda Hampsey (the Tory candidate In Argyll) is currently "the policy lead for Argyll and Bute Council's care services and is the depute policy lead for planning and regulatory services"

Obviously, news hasn't filtered through to Helensburgh yet, but the Tory-led coalition was replaced by an SNP-led coalition over a month ago. 

I assume that Amanda has been too busy campaigning to update her CV for the local press.

The upcoming euros is surely going to be a hotbed for political gaffes. There will be performative football watching on all sides. The media could easily lay a trap by making up some fake players and asking politicians to comment on their performance.

I can just see Rishi Sunak waxing lyrical about Anthony Thompson-Smythe’s goal against Serbia in the group stages or John Swinney praising Jock McWallace’s string of saves to steal a 0-0 point for Scotland against the hosts in the opener.

10 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Hardly a major gaffe, but the Helensburgh Advertiser is reporting that Amanda Hampsey (the Tory candidate In Argyll) is currently "the policy lead for Argyll and Bute Council's care services and is the depute policy lead for planning and regulatory services"

Obviously, news hasn't filtered through to Helensburgh yet, but the Tory-led coalition was replaced by an SNP-led coalition over a month ago. 

I assume that Amanda has been too busy campaigning to update her CV for the local press.

^^^ Minor election gaffes 2024 for this pish.  :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

The upcoming euros is surely going to be a hotbed for political gaffes. There will be performative football watching on all sides. The media could easily lay a trap by making up some fake players and asking politicians to comment on their performance.

I can just see Rishi Sunak waxing lyrical about Anthony Thompson-Smythe’s goal against Serbia in the group stages or John Swinney praising Jock McWallace’s string of saves to steal a 0-0 point for Scotland against the hosts in the opener.

The weekend before Polling Day (Sat 29/06 - Tue 02/07) is scheduled for the round of 16  the Euros.

Expect lots of posed photos of arseholes with less football knowledge than DRoss sitting having a pint/cup of tea in a fresh out the bag England shirt, worn over their dress shirt, with suit trousers and Adidas Samba trainers all over SM as they 'Cheer the Boys'. Is it too much to hope that is when they crash out, and the ensuing riots and depression prove a fitting end to these last 14 years.

30 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

The weekend before Polling Day (Sat 29/06 - Tue 02/07) is scheduled for the round of 16  the Euros.

Expect lots of posed photos of arseholes with less football knowledge than DRoss sitting having a pint/cup of tea in a fresh out the bag England shirt, worn over their dress shirt, with suit trousers and Adidas Samba trainers all over SM as they 'Cheer the Boys'. Is it too much to hope that is when they crash out, and the ensuing riots and depression prove a fitting end to these last 14 years.

boris-johnson-with-his-wife-carrie.jpg?i

NINTCHDBPICT000661472942.jpg

5 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

I love this genre. Like:

Swinney will be pictured awkwardly wearing a Scotland top at some point and will then instantly be accused of being a vile nationalist by some dweeb like Stephen Daisley.

Every SNP candidate will also be constantly asked why they aren't supporting England.