New SPFL Trust Trophy format

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/05/2024 at 13:04, Slipmat said:

Talbot overlooked despite finishing runners-up twice in a row and having a support. 

You sound like one of those Sportscene/sound pundits who go on about how teams like Dundee United "deserve" to be in the top flight, regardless of how shite they are at the actual game of football.

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

23/7 Buckie v Dundee United

30/7 Buckie v Dundee United "B"

Kick in the face to clubs having to be part of this nonsense

A few years ago we played Inverness on the Saturday in the League Cup, then Inverness B 4 days later in the Challenge Cup.... both away from home..... 

We lost 7-0 on the Saturday, and won 3-0 on the Tuesday..... a dozen or so of us returned on the Tuesday if I remember correctly :lol: 

9 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

6 B teams out already.

GTw5nPEWIAAlqoW?format=jpg&name=small

Good the sooner they are all gone the better should not have been there in the first place. Be interesting tp see how many folk bothered going to these!

10 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

A few years ago we played Inverness on the Saturday in the League Cup, then Inverness B 4 days later in the Challenge Cup.... both away from home..... 

We lost 7-0 on the Saturday, and won 3-0 on the Tuesday..... a dozen or so of us returned on the Tuesday if I remember correctly :lol: 

More fool you!

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Celtic must be pretty useless at youth development to get pumped out the cup by that has just been pumped out the league cup. If I was Celtic I would hope that the young talent were at least equal to a standard L1 side, clearly they are closer to Sunday amateur level. 

3 hours ago, peternapper said:

Good the sooner they are all gone the better should not have been there in the first place. Be interesting tp see how many folk bothered going to these!

Around 400-500 at Fraserburgh

On 30/07/2024 at 00:55, craigkillie said:

It's no less ridiculous than the actual reason teams were invited into the competition.

Aye, I'm pretty sure everyone (bar a few Cowden fans) is on the same page there.

6 hours ago, 101 said:

Celtic must be pretty useless at youth development to get pumped out the cup by that has just been pumped out the league cup. If I was Celtic I would hope that the young talent were at least equal to a standard L1 side, clearly they are closer to Sunday amateur level. 

Celtic B finished 6th in the lowland league last season, 10 points behind 2nd place Hearts B, and 22 points behind champions East Kilbride

EK won the 2 x fixtures 2-0 and 2-1 last season

Celtic B have only beat EK once in the 7 games they have played each other.

Was surprised at a couple hundred there between Hibs B and Albion Rovers last night.

Decent game which both teams went for.

Albion rovers player Michael Paton missed a pen in the 88th min, then he scored the equaliser in the 92nd, then stepped up to score the winning penalty in the shootout

1 hour ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Celtic B finished 6th in the lowland league last season, 10 points behind 2nd place Hearts B, and 22 points behind champions East Kilbride

EK won the 2 x fixtures 2-0 and 2-1 last season

Celtic B have only beat EK once in the 7 games they have played each other.

So useless then 

1 hour ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Was surprised at a couple hundred there between Hibs B and Albion Rovers last night.

Decent game which both teams went for.

Albion rovers player Michael Paton missed a pen in the 88th min, then he scored the equaliser in the 92nd, then stepped up to score the winning penalty in the shootout

Have you no self respect, why would you go to that?