Group D 🇵🇱🇳🇱🇦🇹🇨🇵

France looking a bit one dimensional, relying on pace. Greizmann's stylist has done well with his Musketeer look.  Austria will be kicking themselves.

Even tho I'm a 90s kid I don't really remember watching or noticing deschamps that much. Was he overrated as a player or underrated? Probably overshadowed by Zidane etc. 

There is a banner in the background (next to what looks like a Saltire) that says "Urbach" on it. 

Urbach is the name of a village near Stuttgart where I was on a 3 week working holiday in 1992. You can visit the vineyard we helped build (I imagine)

Perhaps coincidental but intriguing.. 

4 minutes ago, Acastus said:

Even tho I'm a 90s kid I don't really remember watching or noticing deschamps that much. Was he overrated as a player or underrated? Probably overshadowed by Zidane etc. 

He was famously called ‘the water carrier’ by Eric Cantona. He was hard working, a high energy dynamo in midfield, but technically average. He wasn’t on the same planet as Zidane.

France looking like typical France. Devastating breaking forward, but also look capable of flogging a stupid goal any time they actually have to defend. Austria a bit unlucky IMO. They look like they could play with most teams in this Euros, but France just that bit ahead.

Edited by Boo Khaki

Just now, PauloPerth said:

He was famously called ‘the water carrier’ by Eric Cantona. He was hard working, a high energy dynamo in midfield, but technically average. He wasn’t on the same planet as Zidane.

Yeah I've heard the Cantona "water carrier" quote. Eric had some great quotes like the seagulls one too 🤣 

Yeah hardworking , keeping things simple and steady. I guess all great teams have players like that. It never really works with a full 11 of "galacticos" I don't think. 

15 minutes ago, Red Kite said:

France looking a bit one dimensional, relying on pace. Greizmann's stylist has done well with his Musketeer look.  Austria will be kicking themselves.

Greizmann's been poor by his standards and it's all because of his fancy hair.