Early 2024/25 predictions

Starting to get a feeling of optimism as Imrie has recruited wisely so far. I'll caveat that by stating I've not seen Davies or Reynolds play yet but I've been impressed with all our signings so far - with more to come! 

On 28/05/2024 at 10:27, D'Jaffo said:

I’ll revisit this after the league cup games but for now I’ll go for this. 

1. Raith Rovers

2. Partick Thistle

3. Livingston

4. Ayr United

5. Falkirk

6. Dunfermline Athletic

7. Queens Park

8. Airdrie 

9. Hamilton Accies

10. Greenock Morton

Revising this based off what I’ve seen in terms of signings. 

1. Raith

2. Partick

3. Livingston

4. Ayr

5. Dunfermline

6. Falkirk

7. Morton

8. Queens Park

9. Hamilton

10. Airdrie

Just not impressed at all by way of signing from the bottom three there. QP are still sleeping, Airdrie have lost a couple of big players and I think Accies are underestimating the league this season. 

On 06/06/2024 at 18:10, Ian Mcleod said:

1st Partick Thistle 

2nd Airdrie 

3rd Raith Rovers 

4th Ayr 

5th Falkirk 

6th Accies

7th Queens Park 

8th Dunfermline 

9th Livingston 

10th Morton 

Right now as the cup games do start getting closer I would go with 

1st Partick Thistle 

2nd Raith Rovers 

3rd Ayr United 

4th Falkirk 

5th Morton 

6th Hamilton 

7th Airdrie 

8th Livingston 

9th Queens Park 

10th Dunfermline 

I've put Morton up a couple of places since they have made a couple of decent signings since losing a few of there best players. Airdrie have fallen a bit they've lost a few experienced players and have replaced them with young players seems like they do have one of the lowest budgets in the league and one of the weakest squads but I can still see McCabe getting results which will keep them in the league currently. As it stands for me Queens Park and Dunfermline are falling behind the rest of the league seen a few rumours that Ruari Paton could be leaving Queens Park if that was the case then I would have Queens Park bottom. 

14 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Revising this based off what I’ve seen in terms of signings. 

1. Raith

2. Partick

3. Livingston

4. Ayr

5. Dunfermline

6. Falkirk

7. Morton

8. Queens Park

9. Hamilton

10. Airdrie

Just not impressed at all by way of signing from the bottom three there. QP are still sleeping, Airdrie have lost a couple of big players and I think Accies are underestimating the league this season. 

Out of curiosity, which signing was it that pushed Dunfermline above Falkirk?

On 27/06/2024 at 02:15, starksbark2 said:

1st to 3rd    - dont care

4th              - Raith

5th to last - dont care

We won't be so lucky in getting all those "last ten minute" points and our aging squad will run out of puff / get injured due to our plastic pitch.  The pies will be magnificent.

The Townie is obvious in this account......

5 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Out of curiosity, which signing was it that pushed Dunfermline above Falkirk?

Less of who signed and more the lack of signings. I had expected Falkirk to make more of a push and don’t really see any real threat in terms of a striker. Dunfermline haven’t really strengthened either but I think they have a better squad of players and at least have the potential to go and sign whereas the chat from you guys seems to be that McGlynn is happy to run with last years squad, which I think will be enough to keep you away from the bottom but I don’t see you getting playoffs. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Less of who signed and more the lack of signings. I had expected Falkirk to make more of a push and don’t really see any real threat in terms of a striker. Dunfermline haven’t really strengthened either but I think they have a better squad of players and at least have the potential to go and sign whereas the chat from you guys seems to be that McGlynn is happy to run with last years squad, which I think will be enough to keep you away from the bottom but I don’t see you getting playoffs. 

Can't argue with that. Although, I think we'll shock a few

after waiting for queen's parks signings, (or lack of) here we are.

1. partick thistle

2. raith

3. livi

4. falkirk

5. dunfermline

6. airdrie

7. ayr

8. qp

9. morton

10. accies

top 4 & bottom 3 very interchangeable. bring on the central belt championship.

I did my predictions after the League Cup groups last season, which probably gave a slight advantage over those who hadn't seen the teams in a competitive match before making their lists. So going to make my picks pre-LC group stage and see how that goes. It looks a really tough division to call this season, so fully expecting a couple of howlers in here, but with that said:

1. Raith Rovers
2. Partick Thistle
3. Ayr United
4. Livingston
5. Falkirk
6. Dunfermline Athletic
7. Greenock Morton
8. Queen's Park
9. Hamilton Accies
10. Airdrieonians

Posted (edited)

Fully expecting to be miles off as usual:

1. Livingston

2. Partick Thistle

3. Raith Rovers

4. Ayr United

5. Dunfermline

6. Morton

7. Falkirk

8. Queen's Park

9. Hamilton Accies

10. Airdrie

Edited by Zanetti

A tight league again this year and really, anything could happen. Falkirk are the dark horses for me, I really don't know how they will perform but, coming off the back of a unbeaten league season, the could continue strong.

Partick and Raith for the top two positions and could easily swap spots. Livi should be there or there abouts too. Dunfermline, Queen's and Ayr might slug it out in mid table along with Airdrie. Hamilton and Morton propping up the league maybe?

1. Partick

2. Raith

3. Livingston

4. Dunfermline

5. Queen's Park

6. Ayr

7. Falkirk

8. Airdrie

9. Hamilton 

10. Morton

8 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

anything could happen

I really don't know

could

could

should

might

maybe?

Always good to see folk putting their neck on the line when it comes to predictions.

11 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

At this stage all predictions are could bes, should bes and maybes. No need to be so sanctimonious. 

It was a wee joke, lighten up ffs. Maybe you should look closer to home for some sanctimosity.