The Champions League (Cup) Group B + Ayr United

Well that was cracking.  United were poor but we really dominated.  The front 4 were great but MotM for me, with no doubt, goes to Adams.  What a player he looks.

Thoroughly deserved 2-0 going on 4 or 5 nil win for us today. We hit the woodwork twice and the United goalie had several excellent saves.

Slightly surprised, given our injuries at the back how little United tested us, and second half especially, they just faded into nothing.

For our part, there were no failures in the starting 11 or subs who came on, and as others have said Keelan Adams looks excellent.

Decent turnout from the United fans in a crowd of over 3,300, hopefully this, and if we make it out the group will swell our transfer loan war chest.

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

10 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Any idea when Murphy and Dempsey are back? Two big players for us who baring any more signings would walk into our starting 11.

Looking forward to Tuesday. Falkirk will be a good test as to where we’re at. A team who went undefeated in the league below last season and are tipped to make the playoffs at a minimum this season. 

Forgot about Dempsey. If he’s fit he comes straight back in. Murphy hasn’t kicked a ball yet so could likely be a couple of weeks away from starting. Not sure when the hand/wrist will have healed either.

Falkirk were the better team against Dundee Utd but both sides looked leggy. Would imagine a competitive game would’ve done Falkirk some good though and they won’t be as lethargic on Tuesday night. They have some pace on the wings and do try and play at the back so will be interesting to see how we press.

That was very enjoyable yesterday. First half was a bit of a non event but I felt DU maybe just shaded it. We cracked the bar in the opening minutes with a cracking effort from Miller (maybe any DU fans there could say whether the keeper got a touch?) and forced the keeper to make a save from a Morrison shot that looked set for the top corner. 

Second half and there was only 1 team in it, victory was never in doubt as soon as we scored and we had already hit the bar again through Morrison and forced the keeper to make another good save from a Morrison header. 

Like others have said, Keelan Adams at the back was outstanding and certainly most Falkirk fans MOTM. 

Based on that game alone, DU fans are surely at least nervous going into the season?

22 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

God knows how we'll line up and how we'll play. Still, it can't be any worse than our efforts in this tournament last year...can it...?

Sorry folks 

Would imagine it will be as close to the same team as Friday.  Been no word on why Dempsey was missing on Friday and no idea when Murphy will be back, so imagine they will be missing:

Stone

Watret  Stanger  McMann  Reading

Henderson  Syla  Rus  McKenzie

Oakley  Dowds

Subs: Ecrepont, McAllister, Musonda, Tomlinson, Murdoch, Walker, Hastie, Bryden, McRoberts 

Fancy there to be goals tonight, going for 3-1 Ayr, Okaley, Dowds and Rus for us.

Likewise reckon we'll line up with the same side that played on Saturday:

Hogarth
Yeats Adams Henderson Mackie
Spencer Tait
Morrison Nesbitt Miller
MacIver

Subs: Sneddon, Sinclair, McCafferty, McCrone, Oliver, McKenna, Ross, Agyeman, Shanley

I would be confident but reckon Ayr will put our makeshift defense (3 of our first choice back 4 are out injured) under a bit more pressure than Dundee United managed. We certainly have the firepower to score goals. I'll go for a 2-2 draw and us taking the penalty bonus point 

Stone    
Watret Stanger    Musonda McMann
    Syla    
Henderson   Rus   Hastie
  Oakley   Dowds  

Subs: Ecrepont, McAllister, Reading, Tomlinson, Murdoch, Walker, McKenzie, Bryden, McRoberts 

If at all possible this is what i'd like to see tonight.  

I’m in a pub! Sorry Falkirk but f**k you. And anyone who sails in you. Sorry. Build a proper stadium ya bunch of Dunfermline bothering wanks. Sorry again Falkirk. A bigger boy made me say that and then didn’t turn up. Sorry again. Love to Falkirk. But f**k Falkirk.

1 minute ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Naw, naw, naw. You don’t get to turn up after kick off doing this. I’m happy to deputise but you cannot turn up after me.

Sorry was working then chasing a toddler before putting her to bed

1 minute ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Naw, naw, naw. You don’t get to turn up after kick off doing this. I’m happy to deputise but you cannot turn up after me.

Might change it up and do it after every goal don’t know how you feel about that? 

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Might change it up and do it after every goal don’t know how you feel about that? 

it’ll be a shame for Friday nights but as I said, the intellectual property is yours. Just need. A “f**k ‘insert’ for each match and I’m happy.