The Champions League (Cup) Group B + Ayr United

Assuming United win on Tuesday, both Falkirk and Ayr will know what they need to do next Saturday to finish ahead of us. It would be very Dundee United to finish 3rd on 9 points

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Assuming United win on Tuesday, both Falkirk and Ayr will know what they need to do next Saturday to finish ahead of us. It would be very Dundee United to finish 3rd on 9 points

I think you’re confused. “United”? Ayr United were formed in 1910. ‘Dundee Hiberians’ in 1923 decided to copy the original United and become Dundee United. Ayr United are the (Scottish first) only true United. “Imitation is the truest form of flattery”. 

Edited by shizzlemanizzle

1 hour ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

I think you’re confused. “United”? Ayr United were formed in 1910. ‘Dundee Hiberians’ in 1923 decided to copy the original United and become Dundee United. Ayr United are the (Scottish first) only true United. “Imitation is the truest form of flattery”. 

We've won stuff, so we've only imitated you up to a point

11 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

We've won stuff, so we've only imitated you up to a point

Thank you for admitting the imitation. It’s flattering. I quite often want ‘wee Utd’ to win so good luck for the season ahead. Especially against the old firm.

On 20/07/2024 at 22:19, shizzlemanizzle said:

Thank you for admitting the imitation. It’s flattering. I quite often want ‘wee Utd’ to win so good luck for the season ahead. Especially against the old firm.

As a reward for your kind words know this.

McMann on the left of a back 3 won't work.

3 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Have stenny streamed any of their home games in this so far? 

We streamed the game against Buckie Thistle

The match will be live on WarriorsTV tonight and costs £12.

warriorstv.co.uk

On 20/07/2024 at 20:47, Sarto Mutiny said:

McGlynn wasn't happy one bit at us only putting 5 past Buckie.

If Dundee Utd run up a cricket score tonight it will make Saturday very interesting. 

1 hour ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

The winner in Stenhousmuir v Ayr United tonight gets to choose Craig Telfers new (much needed) haircut. 

He's on a hair journey man, let him enjoy it while he still has it. 

7 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

If Dundee Utd run up a cricket score tonight it will make Saturday very interesting. 

Need a cricket score so Jims went with 4 centre halfs against Buckie Thistle...

46 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Need a cricket score so Jims went with 4 centre halfs against Buckie Thistle...

Quick single from Trapanovski.

Could do with increasing the run rate quickly though

Edited by Mark Connolly

How did Ridgers end up at Buckie? I always thought he seemed like one of the more competent keepers in the Championship. Maybe because he seemed to turn into prime Buffon against us.

Thought Dundee Utd would win by more than 3 tonight. Puts second place at least well within reach for Ayr going into the weekend.

1 hour ago, Iain said:

Thought Dundee Utd would win by more than 3 tonight. Puts second place at least well within reach for Ayr going into the weekend.

Aye that makes it surprisingly exciting for Saturday.   Feel a bit deflated Ayr only winning 4-1 there which seems a bizarre thing to say, but really should have had a few more which suggests to me Falkirk could rack up plenty on Saturday, which we have to better by 2.   

I suspect Falkirk will just win the group, Ayr a valiant 2nd and looking for help elsewhere to maybe still get through, and Dundee Utd a hilarious 3rd despite being enormous 

8 hours ago, Hursty said:

Aye that makes it surprisingly exciting for Saturday.   Feel a bit deflated Ayr only winning 4-1 there which seems a bizarre thing to say, but really should have had a few more which suggests to me Falkirk could rack up plenty on Saturday, which we have to better by 2.   

I suspect Falkirk will just win the group, Ayr a valiant 2nd and looking for help elsewhere to maybe still get through, and Dundee Utd a hilarious 3rd despite being enormous 

I think Ayr getting Buckie at home at the end of a week where they will play the three FT teams is an advantage for them. Buckie carry a threat up front but defensively they look very vulnerable and that was at home. I suspect Falkirk will need to score at least 3 Saturday to win the group. If we don’t I still think it will be enough to get through looking at the fixtures at the weekend. 
I am not a huge fan of this set up but this Saturday is set up to be pretty exciting all over the place.