Gibraltar Vs Scotland 3rd June 2024, Euros warm up

1 minute ago, SlayerX said:

God knows what it's like when we lose.

You could always pop back in around 9:45pm on the 14th for the experience.

1 minute ago, Kadouken_ said:

Still can’t get my head around players like Miller and Conway not being involved while the corpse of Ryan Jack is running around. 

Fair play to anyone who believes we’ll do anything this tournament. 

Well, Ryan Jack is a central midfielder and Conway is a centre forward.  So there’s that.  But quite clearly there’s going to be another striker called up.  Only Adams on the bench offered anything in that regard. 

4 minutes ago, Kadouken_ said:

Still can’t get my head around players like Miller and Conway not being involved while the corpse of Ryan Jack is running around. 

Should've been Miller, Barron, Conway, King and Johnston. Just in case there were injuries to the 28 (which there have been).

4 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

I don't think there's any indication it's a new injury - perhaps just continued recovery management from his longer term meniscus issue picked up in December last year?

Either way tho I agree it'd be a bit desperate to take a still-injured uncapped 18 year old to the tourney.

Hope he gets a run out Vs Finland and it's not an issue.

Just feel like with an injury like tgat and the lack of game time then there was no point even calling him up. Let the boy work on getting fit and get a good preseason under his belt.

Others who are playing and fit could have got a chance to prove themselves for a place.

Just looks likes Scotlands attempt at a Theo Walcott scenario.

4 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Highlight for me was the clean sheet IMO. 

That's 13 games in a row without a goal for Gibraltar.

Matches Stirling Albion's run in 1980/81. I wonder if it's the worst in international football history.

5 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Has a keeper ever touched the ball less than Zander did in that game?! 

England played Cyprus (I think) in the 70s and their keeper touched the ball twice - both long pass backs in the last 10 minutes to check he was still alive 😀

The opponents had zero touches in England's half.

23 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

Nursing an injury.

If not fit enough to feature on Friday he simply shouldn't be taken. Pointless wasting a squad place on someone who isn't fit a week before even if he was a 50 cap regular never mind a total rookie.

16 minutes ago, GordonS said:

That's 13 games in a row without a goal for Gibraltar.

Matches Stirling Albion's run in 1980/81. I wonder if it's the worst in international football history.

I think San Marino went over 2 years without scoring a few years ago, which you’d expect is more than that. 

28 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

That was turgid. Whisper it, but until the 85th minute, McGinn did f**k all. N.B. that's not me saying he should be binned, he is 100% a starter, but like many he was shite today.

It’s good he got the full 90mins in this pointless match though. Wouldn’t want him rusty after only playing 50 odd times for Villa this season.

Total dominance in the game, but our pedestrian build up made sure Gibraltar  were able to get everyone behind the ball. 

Made plenty of chances but still didn't look like scoring. The goals we did score were well taken - Adams goal was a cracker no matter who we were playing. 

We won't come up against these tactics in Germany.  

21 minutes ago, Kadouken_ said:

Ryan Jack is there because 'we have to pick someone from Rangers'.

Conway will surely be in the next squad. Shankland's flaws are clear as soon as he steps outside the SPFL.

Cracking bit of skill from McGinn and an excellent finish from Adams. But christ that was a chore to get through.

5 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Ryan Jack is there because 'we have to pick someone from Rangers'.

Conway will surely be in the next squad. Shankland's flaws are clear as soon as he steps outside the SPFL.

Shankland has 3 goals in Europe and one for Scotland this season

He was pedestrian tonight,, like most of his team mates in a match played at training ground pace.  Would like to have seen him play better,  but he didn't get much service 

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Genuinely think this will finish 2-0 or 3-1 or something and there will be loads of gnashing of teeth.

^

Can't get over all the bedwetting.

Was basically a training exercise.

Lack of finishing is a worry but all the best chances fell to out defenders

Just now, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Shankland has 3 goals in Europe and one for Scotland this season

He was pedestrian tonight,, like most of his team mates in a match played at training ground pace.  Would like to have seen him play better,  but he didn't get much service 

Was going to say this, he's not really struggled at all in bigger games this season. Even against Holland he was good but missed a chance he'd take 9 times out of 10.

He won't start in Munich and no one is really saying he should, but it's not like he can't contribute.

Game was turgid and the heat clearly a factor. Hopefully the players benefit from the minutes they got, expect better on Friday and I'm sure that'll be the case.

11 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

I'm quite interested in seeing how sharp and free moving some of our players are, and that's one of a few reasons I'm looking fwd to this game.

If it doesn't excite you at all that fair enough - good luck to you. Enjoy Pointless with your 5pm cup of tea (no milk or sugar) and your joyless rich tea biscuit.

lol