1 minute ago, ArabFC said:

Ryan Strain looks to have seriously injured himself when back-heeling the ball, which is just fcuking fantastic!

Hope I'm wrong but had all the hallmarks of a popped achilles.

Jarred his knee.  Hopefully no ligament damage, but it doesn't look good.

5 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Did Strain had bother with his knee at St Mirren?

Had bother with pretty much everything. It was more hamstring injuries from what I remember.

He is some player but he never completed 90 mins for us and was only available for around 60% of games in his time with us.

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Had bother with pretty much everything. It was more hamstring injuries from what I remember.

He is some player but he never completed 90 mins for us and was only available for around 60% of games in his time with us.

He had major hamstring issues in Israel, before he joined you, too.

9 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

I think it was a groin injury that kept him out for a few months last season. The season before, he was fairly injury free but was frequently taken off just after the hour mark because he was blowing out his arse.

If rumours are to be believed, you'll need to get the ghost of Jim McLean to make sure he behaves himself during his rehab.

11 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Groin injury was his major problem for us.

He needed an op which side lined him for three months.

Only made his comeback, where he he was clearly blowing out of his arse, in the last few games of the season

Played well.

Stenny offered very little so hard to judge but probably couldn't ask for much more other than the aforementioned Middleton and Watt being fired out of a cannon.

I liked Stirtons confidence to rattle a shot off having just come on.

Played some good football. Both North Macedonians look like players, as do Strain and Ferry.

Trapanovski is seriously one footed based on what I saw in the second half but he still did very well.

Thought the subs (other than Miller Thompson and Owen Stirton) slowed the game down, and Watt was having one of his games where he clearly couldn't give less of a toss.

Also, bringing Holt on resulted in both Graham and Sevelj becoming less effective.

So I think there's still work to be done with players coming in and out.

Strain injury is a disaster and looks terrible. 

New winger looks excellent and finally someone who can beat a man.

Watt and Middleton…….Would love to get them off the books asap. 

I was impressed by Miller Thomson last season but he was exposed too often tonight, and that’s against Stenhousemuir.

Hopefully it was a one off because I think Strain might be out for a while.

Get a new RWB signed pronto, Strain will be another sicknote and we shouldn't be relying on Thomson who is weak defensively. The wingbacks in this formation are critical to how the team attacks so we really need to get someone with quality In there. 

46 minutes ago, SGMilne said:

Played some good football. Both North Macedonians look like players, as do Strain and Ferry.

Trapanovski is seriously one footed based on what I saw in the second half but he still did very well.

Thought the subs (other than Miller Thompson and Owen Stirton) slowed the game down, and Watt was having one of his games where he clearly couldn't give less of a toss.

Also, bringing Holt on resulted in both Graham and Sevelj becoming less effective.

So I think there's still work to be done with players coming in and out.

He put in a few crosses with his left foot in the first half, including his first assist.