8 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Can't understand Goodwin not setting his teams up to go for it. Although he's secured two wins, I doubt that will be enough to secure qualification.Β 

Ayr looked decent and must be favourites to win the group overall, given their final two fixtures, in my view.

Assuming we beat Buckie Thistle there’s a good chance we’ll have three teams on nine points from the group. Β  We need a high score on Tuesday.

Assuming the long term plan is to play Babunski further forward because we badly need more physicality in centre mid. Quite happy with the attacking options, though we need another striker, but the defence is giving me the fear.Β 

9 minutes ago, Big Gus said:

Decent game.

Babunski looked good for someone who sounds like a character from a Police Academy film.

That’s officer Babunski to you!

2 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Assuming the long term plan is to play Babunski further forward because we badly need more physicality in centre mid. Quite happy with the attacking options, though we need another striker, but the defence is giving me the fear.Β 

Doubt that. He’s clearly a player that plays centrally, so would be ineffective in any of the front 3 spots.

Only way he works effectively in a 2 man midfield though is alongside a more powerful presence in there - someone like Allan Campbell 😏

Β 

Thon Baboonski is obviously technically good. There was a couple of points where Ayr broke and he looked like he was running back in quick sand.Β 

I'd be very wary of stepping into the top league with that defence and midfield ( if playing that formation). Sibbald looked rotten aswell.Β 

Thank you.Β 

Enjoyed that gem, thought both teams were decent going forward a bit suspect at the back.Β 
Β 

Think the Vicko experiment at RWB is finished- didn’t look comfortable at all, desperately needing a fuchs type centre midfielder and a better striker imo with a bit pace. Don’t think we are far off being a decent team, ferry, the Macedonians and fotheringham are looking good.
Β 

Middleton is miles off it and watt is completely disinterested- think both will be away before window is shut. Actually think Grimshaw came on and did himself no harm- got on with his job and tried his best- unlike the other two shrugging there shoulders at every opportunityΒ 

2 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Enjoyed that gem, thought both teams were decent going forward a bit suspect at the back.Β 
Β 

Think the Vicko experiment at RWB is finished- didn’t look comfortable at all, desperately needing a fuchs type centre midfielder and a better striker imo with a bit pace. Don’t think we are far off being a decent team, ferry, the Macedonians and fotheringham are looking good.
Β 

Middleton is miles off it and watt is completely disinterested- think both will be away before window is shut. Actually think Grimshaw came on and did himself no harm- got on with his job and tried his best- unlike the other two shrugging there shoulders at every opportunityΒ 

Fair assessment. Watt has been told in no uncertain terms he's not part of plans going forwards that's why he's in a massive huff.

Middleton I would keep as a squad option but wouldn't object to him leaving if it meant someone better coming in.

Grimshaw, meh not bothered. He can cover a couple of positions but need more quality again.

Forbes and his team mates must rate his ability from free kicks to allow a young debutant take an important free kick when United are desperately chasing a win.

Great free kick and contribution to the game. The substitutions certainly shook the game up.

Edited by Lancashirearab
Spelling error

RWB, CDM & CF are the absolute minimum we require if we want to stay up.Β 
Goodwins signings have been more hits than misses during his time here so fingers crossed we bring in some quality to fill these roles.Β 

I’m gonna call it now - United will beat Buckie, possibly something like 2-0 or 3-0. Β Both Ayr and Falkirk will know the results that will let them overtake United on goal difference and will get than against Stenny and Buckie, leaving United in third with 9 points.Β 
Β 

I thought it was a mistake not to go for more goals v Stenny on Tuesday, and I think it even more now.Β 

Edited by adamntg

Absolutely not having the "homophobia means fear of gay folk" bollocks.

For a start, homophobia is a widely established term that has been used for decades. It isn't a new term that has had a suffix bolted on.Β 

Also, if you're going down the dickhead route of "I'm not scared of gay people!!!!!!!!!!" then why don't you apply the same logic to the 'homo' part or the word?

"Homo" doesn't mean 'gay' in Latin. It means 'man'. So if you're the type who, when homophobia is brought up, talks about 'fear', why don't you talk about fear of men? It's garbage logic that suggests something more sinister, be that valid or not.

Β 

Also, 'fairy' has been a homophobic insult for a very long time. Some attempts at ignorance feel pretty false.

Saying that, I don't believe the poster who first used it intended it to be homophobic, as they later confirmed.

Disappointing to see too many folk going down the "you can't say anything!!!" route. I think it's pretty clear what is and what isn't homophobic. If you're unsure either ask or don't do it.

I had to tell a fellow fan to stop using "poof" as an insult in a game in April. Thankfully that was one fan out of circa 1000, and they apologised and immediately stopped doing it.

Β 

Β 

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Absolutely not having the "homophobia means fear of gay folk" bollocks.

For a start, homophobia is a widely established term that has been used for decades. It isn't a new term that has had a suffix bolted on.Β 

Also, if you're going down the dickhead route of "I'm not scared of gay people!!!!!!!!!!" then why don't you apply the same logic to the 'homo' part or the word?

"Homo" doesn't mean 'gay' in Latin. It means 'man'. So if you're the type who, when homophobia is brought up, talks about 'fear', why don't you talk about fear of men? It's garbage logic that suggests something more sinister, be that valid or not.

Β 

Also, 'fairy' has been a homophobic insult for a very long time. Some attempts at ignorance feel pretty false.

Saying that, I don't believe the poster who first used it intended it to be homophobic, as they later confirmed.

Disappointing to see too many folk going down the "you can't say anything!!!" route. I think it's pretty clear what is and what isn't homophobic. If you're unsure either ask or don't do it.

I had to tell a fellow fan to stop using "poof" as an insult in a game in April. Thankfully that was one fan out of circa 1000, and they apologised and immediately stopped doing it.

Β 

Β 

Homo prefix is Greek and means β€œthe same”, e.g. homogenous, homophone, homonym; as opposed to β€œhetero” meaning another.Β 
Β 

It does mean man in Latin, but I don’t think that’s the root being used in homosexual. Β 
Β 

It does make β€œhomophobia” a bit of strangely constructed word but that’s language for you I suppose.Β