13 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Has he downed tools though?

From memory he played pretty well for the latter part of last season and since then hasn't had a chance but has as good as been told to fcuk off.

He's got a contract - if he doesn't want to go and play in Kirkcaldy or wherever he's been offered, he doesn't have to.

Do you watch United? The guy downs tools every fortnight 

17 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm not defending Watt, as he is a petulant wee shite, but if my work made it clear they wanted rid of me, but couldn't do it legally, and were paying me a fortune that I couldn't get elsewhere, I'd happily sit on my arse and GIRU them as well

The only reason your work would want rid of you is if you weren't given your all, exactly what that little f**ker does. 

13 hours ago, K.T said:

Heard at the time from someone connected to United that following one of the league cup games Watt was on the team bus singing songs about Goodwin. He’s been punted from the team immediately since then so suspect it was true. 

Feel free to DM me but, that story is complete shite 

17 hours ago, Der Panzer said:

He won’t be going to any top club in Scotland - he’s won a watch being at Utd on this deal. However his profile guarantees a Scottish championship move regardless of time out and if he’s lucky a league 1/2 English team take a punt and pay him the same as you halfwits did.

50% of his (rumoured) wage is £2k a week - not one team in that championship is paying that for Tony Watt. If he goes on loan in Scotland it will be costing Utd 3k a week at best. 

You're probably correct for the most part but think you would be surprised what some championship level teams will pay, Dobbie at QotS springs to mind here. 

17 hours ago, Der Panzer said:

There’s a school of thought bouncing around some Dundee fans that a striker we bought from league 2 is suddenly our answer at RWB. It’s lunacy.

This blind faith that “Doc” - a player who has a chronic injury record and has never played a minute above championship level - is going to come in and completely turn your season seems to be the utd version of this.

Thank you

You're talking jobbies.

We've been trying to get a CDM in from the start of the transfer window, offers in for Campbell, signed Sevelj who can play there then we signed Odada so not sure where this so called blind faith has came from that you're spouting.

Docherty will be backup to Odada once he's match fit and once Strain is back he will probably be third in line as Sevelj is covering RWB atm. 

However, if the above fail to live upto expectations then I can see Docherty getting gametime to give us some defensive stability in the middle of the park with Babunski taking the right attacking midfield slot. I think Docherty is a decent player and would have no worries playing at this level at all. 

23 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

It's a bit early in the season to be fretting about other teams' results.

Maybe, but last season Livi were absolutely adrift and gave the rest of the league a cushion at the bottom of the table. In February and March the only question was who was gonna end up in the playoffs spot.

When we went down we weren't really hopelessly adrift until the last few weeks and 3 or 4 teams looked like they could have beem in trouble in February and March.

Given I think Hearts and Killie (and Hibs for that matter) will seriously improve from what we've seen so far I know what I'd prefer this season to look like.

Also we play St Johnstone at Tannadice next in what's looking like an early must-win game so however you look at it it's not a great result for us.

1 hour ago, Ascal said:

Maybe, but last season Livi were absolutely adrift and gave the rest of the league a cushion at the bottom of the table. In February and March the only question was who was gonna end up in the playoffs spot.

When we went down we weren't really hopelessly adrift until the last few weeks and 3 or 4 teams looked like they could have beem in trouble in February and March.

Given I think Hearts and Killie (and Hibs for that matter) will seriously improve from what we've seen so far I know what I'd prefer this season to look like.

Also we play St Johnstone at Tannadice next in what's looking like an early must-win game so however you look at it it's not a great result for us.

Come on now. It's stressful enough following United these days. We don't need to hype up early season games as "must win" when they are nothing of the sort.

1 hour ago, Ascal said:

The 'we hate Dundee more than you' derby. IMO.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Big Shedboy said:

Come on now. It's stressful enough following United these days. We don't need to hype up early season games as "must win" when they are nothing of the sort.

Agreed, but in fairness to the original poster, I've read elsewhere that St. Johnstone is a "Must Win". Mental stuff!

It's fair to criticise my take that St Johnstone at home is a must win game, I'll accept that.

But I'd ask this in response: if we don't expect to pick up a win against St. Johnstone at home, when can we expect one?