21 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

To Tony Watt, he appears to be a bit of an arsehole, but a likeable arsehole in some ways.

I'm definitely of the opinion you guys are far more likeable now. Think I can dip my head above the parapet to say Jim Goodwin's a cracking guy and I hope you do well. Even when you were top of the Championship saying that might've drawn a few dirty looks.

4 hours ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Can't remember if it was on here or Twitter but it was mentioned that Utd are still going to be paying the vast majority of his wages. 

Definitely true then. 😜

2 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Not quite. 40% of wage but a loan fee of 185k probably covers another bit of the percentage.

Let's say he is on 4k a week, his contract runs out in the summer that's 46 (roughly weeks left) that brings his salary remaining to be paid as £184,000 40% of that is £73,600.

Motherwell surely aren't paying £258, 600 on a player who has a contract of £184,000 in wages left from a club who want rid. Surely not??

Ps. If my maths/facts is way off, feel free to rip in to me.

28 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

He will be back to us in January to "prove himself" and "win us over" 

I would laugh if both of us are in a race for top 6 (or even a relegation battle) and Watt has scored 10 goals for them, so we just recall him in January just to piss them off and stick him on the bench for the rest of the season.

Nothing against Watt really, did a decent job last year and definitely helped us win the league.

But, more than happy that he's moved on. A win for everyone involved I would think. 

Got to bring someone in. Not sure if he's ever been mentioned or ever been on our radar, but I'd like to see us go for the lad Morrison at Falkirk. 

4 hours ago, arabdelic said:

What Goodwin did at the start of last season was talked him up, encouraged him and gave him the responsibility of vice captain. All I assume  for a fresh start, give him every chance to prove he can be a player and be a good influence in the dressing room. None of this materialised. I think after another meh season (remember in the 2nd tier) Jim has had enough. Rightly. 

Not my interpretation. Goodwin did all the things you mention and then Watt produced a good season and, by all accounts, was a good influence around the club.

The question with Tony is how  long that can continue for and whether he is worth the ongoing effort. I think this is the right time for him to leave. Ideally, he would have finished up at the end of last season and left with a good feeling all round.