10 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Are we going to change the shape of the team whem Strain is back because i wouldnt be swapping Stephenson out for him?

I would hope we would have thought what to do with Stephenson when Strain was back. Still, having options is a nice problem to have

2 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

Undead game sold out. First time that's happened for an Old Firm game in ages. Would hope the club looks at retaining the Shed for home fans next time.

Hopefully. If fans can sell out the rest of the ground, it makes it easier to give the OF fewer tickets in the future. I didn't expect the United end to sell out for this game, so it's great that it has.

3 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Hopefully. If fans can sell out the rest of the ground, it makes it easier to give the OF fewer tickets in the future. I didn't expect the United end to sell out for this game, so it's great that it has.

I tend not to go to Old Firm games as I can't abide them having half the stadium - total cringefrest.

If we had the balls to keep the Shed, I might actually go.

48 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Sam Cleal Harding in on loan , any info ? Hopefully half as good as Odonell 

I like Harding and wasn't against him getting game time for us this season. He won't be bullied and sticks up for team mates which we have lacked for years. 

Hope he does really well 

49 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

Last time United went to Ibrox we had Buckfast bottles hurled into the crowd from your lot. 

£7.50 for that roll at Tannadice is 5* Maldives in comparison 

I stopped going to Ibrox and Celtic Park about 20 odd years ago.  I decided that the toxic atmosphere at those two grounds was no longer acceptable.

Continued to go to most other away games for a many years after that.

13 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Are we going to change the shape of the team whem Strain is back because i wouldnt be swapping Stephenson out for him?

I would expect Stephenson and Strain to be fighting it out at RWB but he  can also play at CM, that's where he was for the Liverpool youths so is a great squad option to have around if we need him to fill in there. We have good depth now with the likes of Sevelj, Holt, Odada, Docherty, Sibbald, Babunski all able to play in the middle of the park as well as other positions, recruitment has been solid although the jury is out on some of the before mentioned players.

For me Strain is first choice at RWB though once fit as he has more of an attacking edge to him and I think we will be relying on our wing backs to be creating chances for our forwards a lot whereas Stephenson is a bit unsure coming forward from what Ive seen so far 

I was/am happy with the Strain signing but I’ve not seen enough of him in a United shirt to say he’s an obvious starter ahead of Stephenson.  To capable players battling it out for the same position must be good news for the team.

As has been said by many others before, most of the signings have been very good and far better than I could have hoped for.  Still think there’s questions over Odada and maybe we should have brought in a different type of striker than Dalby.

My main concern is that Goodwin’s preferred formation doesn’t best suit some of our more creative players but time will tell.

On 31/08/2024 at 12:12, Tap in 94 said:

I can't believe how happy and excited the funsters are for losing their best player to one of the cheeks. Their making stupid memes and coming away with nonsense like look how happy he is and look at his smile. Really weird imo 

Really just sums up the size of Dundee as a club.