3 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Also, on a separate note, good to see Luke McCowan getting his first goal for Celtic.  

4 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

Too busy congratulating Luke McCowan for his first goal.  

Jesus. Thought you were joking there.

Edited by Alert Mongoose

19 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

What a bunch of entitled b*st*rds. What would enhance the atmosphere at Scottish football is for the bigot brothers fans to stay away from their away matches.

10 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Jesus. Thought you were joking there.

Quite apart from the fact that McCowan was a good servant to Dundee and deserves his chance at proving himself at a higher level I understand there are various add-ons in the deal that took him to Celtic.

If you’re one of these fans that aren’t interested in a player once they leave your club (everyone has a different attitude regarding this issue so each to their own) you must surely at least see the financial benefit* of an ex player doing well at the club they moved to in situations like this.

* As many United fans pointed out when Ogren took over the club, Ogren is extremely wealthy and as such add-on fees for a club like United is small change and probably irrelevant…….

ETA Where are my manners?  Thank you for partially quoting me and thereby inviting me into the United thread.  I would likely never have noticed your post had you not done so.

Edited by Shadow Play

39 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Quite apart from the fact that McCowan was a good servant to Dundee and deserves his chance at proving himself at a higher level I understand there are various add-ons in the deal that took him to Celtic.

If you’re one of these fans that aren’t interested in a player once they leave your club (everyone has a different attitude regarding this issue so each to their own) you must surely at least see the financial benefit* of an ex player doing well at the club they moved to in situations like this.

* As many United fans pointed out when Ogren took over the club, Ogren is extremely wealthy and as such add-on fees for a club like United is small change and probably irrelevant…….

ETA Where are my manners?  Thank you for partially quoting me and thereby inviting me into the United thread.  I would likely never have noticed your post had you not done so.

As mentioned below, quite happy to see any ex-player do well but not at either of those teams.

23 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

As mentioned below, quite happy to see any ex-player do well but not at either of those teams.

I assume you meant to type “As mentioned above.”

Regardless of the above, Celtic are currently on a totally different level to all clubs in Scotland.  Celtic will win this league whether McCowan scores or not.  I would much prefer McCowan to be scoring goals for Celtic and thereby offering the opportunity for Dundee to earn more money.  I’m taking a logical approach.  You appear to be taking an emotional approach.  Each to their own.

As I previously said, perhaps you are also approaching this matter not worrying about your club’s finances given how rich Ogren is……

Not good, but I’ll at least attempt for glass half full, eventually.

The first 15-20 minutes is as close as I’ve ever seen to a team perform cuckolding on a fitba pitch.

That we at least attempted to play fitba after that, is something.

The Holt experiment must be over now allowing us to play actual midfielders.

And finally, Goodwin may have stumbled upon the obvious, that Babunski is best suited playing in a midfield 3 and that we can play 4 at the back.

Edited by ArabFC

14 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Not good, but I’ll at least attempt for glass half full, eventually.

The first 15-20 minutes is as close as I’ve ever seen to a team perform cuckolding on a fitba pitch.

That we at least attempted to play fitba after that, is something.

The Holt experiment must be over now allowing us to play actual midfielders.

And finally, Goodwin may have stumbled upon the obvious, that Babunski is best suited playing in a midfield 3 and that we can play 4 at the back.

It was good to see a tactical switch like that implemented quickly when it was needed. Got to give a bit of credit to Goodwin for that.

We've actually got a good versatile squad at the moment so let's make use of it and not get stuck in one particular system.

Yes there's an argument for consistency but having 2 systems to switch between is a good thing.

And aye Holt out of midfield is a bonus, he's done alright as a measure when he's played there but today showed why it can't happen all the time.

Docherty superb when he came on, Doc Sibbs and Babunski is a good midfield but Sibbald played a lot of the match where I expected Babunski to be.

Disappointed in Goodwin for sticking with the same lineup/formation when it was obvious to us all that Holt wasn't best suited to it.

Nevertheless, he did change it and to agree with the points above, it was good to see that we can play with a back 4 and that Docherty is clearly good enough to play in the top division. Sibbald is the one I'm not sure about though.

My main concern is that when we line up with VDS as the lone striker, we're not going to score many goals. I

Thought that Adeboyega looked good in the first half (I'm assuming either an injury or the fact he was booked was the reason he was subbed) and that Stephenson was well worth the sponsor's man of the match.

I’m more disappointed by aspects of the performance today than the result.  Despite their poor start to the season Sevco were always going to be a tough nut to crack.

Fourth after five league games and our next away to an underperforming Killie is a far better start than we could have hoped for.

Throw in the possibility of a semi-final In the League Cup and it’s looking quite positive.

Edited by Granny Danger

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Thought Dalby looked the best of the 3 today tbh

f**king hell

I'll not labour the point though as a 50m dash between the three of them would be a long drawn out affair.

Thought with Docherty on we were excellent today without really making any chances.

I suspect the forwards situation might be difference between top and bottom 6 but confident we aren't in any trouble 

17 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

f**king hell

I'll not labour the point though as a 50m dash between the three of them would be a long drawn out affair.

Thought with Docherty on we were excellent today without really making any chances.

I suspect the forwards situation might be difference between top and bottom 6 but confident we aren't in any trouble 

I suppose to clarify my comment, he managed to get the ball under control and pass it to another of our players on more than zero occasions. It seemed like the other 2 did not