Sneaked through on the obscure technicality of earning more points than the other teams.

But seriously, lucky to scrape through (a couple goals from Alloa of all teams would have put them through instead) but easily the toughest group and a side that was very much being built on the fly.

It may be copium but I wonder if facing half-decent sides is maybe better in the long run than some of the groups where it was just professionals beating up part-timers. The defeat to Falkirk exposing the weaknesses of the team might have been a blessing in disguise...

22 minutes ago, Ascal said:

Sneaked through on the obscure technicality of earning more points than the other teams.

But seriously, lucky to scrape through (a couple goals from Alloa of all teams would have put them through instead) but easily the toughest group and a side that was very much being built on the fly.

It may be copium but I wonder if facing half-decent sides is maybe better in the long run than some of the groups where it was just professionals beating up part-timers. The defeat to Falkirk exposing the weaknesses of the team might have been a blessing in disguise...

I had to Google copium.

31 minutes ago, Ascal said:

Buckie exposed frailties too? 

13 minutes ago, Liam899 said:

Buckie exposed frailties too? 

Meh,  I suppose. One sloppily defended corner. The penalty seems to have been the result of the ref suffering a TIA or similar. Still no idea what or who committed the offence.

7 hours ago, Glen Scotia said:

I wouldn't have thought so

They will be as soon they go on general sale , not all season tickets holders will be willing to pay £34 for the game 

32 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

They will be as soon they go on general sale , not all season tickets holders will be willing to pay £34 for the game 

Fucking hell what a shite excuse that is. 

14 hours ago, Fife Arab said:

Genuine question, has Dundee sold out their tickets yet? 

39 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

6 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Fucking hell what a shite excuse that is. 

Genuine answer, I don’t think so.  I think the cost of the tickets will be playing a part.  We all know some posters make repeated flippant comments about certain groups of people in this city being poor but I personally find that extremely distasteful.  I do think some fans will find it difficult to justify the expense.  

@Butters Scotch I assume you are like myself and need not worry about your finances but regrettably I can assure you not everyone in this city is as fortunate as you and I.  Might I suggest you show a little more compassion?   It’s so easy to laugh, it’s so easy to hate.  It takes strength to be gentle and kind.

16 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Genuine answer, I don’t think so.  I think the cost of the tickets will be playing a part.  We all know some posters make repeated flippant comments about certain groups of people in this city being poor but I personally find that extremely distasteful.  I do think some fans will find it difficult to justify the expense.  

@Butters Scotch I assume you are like myself and need not worry about your finances but regrettably I can assure you not everyone in this city is as fortunate as you and I.  Might I suggest you show a little more compassion?   It’s so easy to laugh, it’s so easy to hate.  It takes strength to be gentle and kind.

Hold on a minute.

These same fans are spending 400 quid plus on a season ticket, not the definition of being poor to me. 

Also, It's not your typical away game where you have travel costs etc to worry about either. 

Edited by Butters Scotch

6 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Hold on a minute.

These same fans are spending 400 quid plus on a season ticket, not the definition of being poor to me. 

Also, It's not your typical away game where you have travel costs etc to worry about either. 

The £400 may be some people’s one indulgence for a year.  A year of savings to buy it.  

Like it previously said, I don’t have any money worries but given the current cost of living I personally am not going to criticise anyone who finds it difficult to find or justify the extra expense of a £34 ticket.   Each to their own though. 

32 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Name them.

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

The £400 may be some people’s one indulgence for a year.  A year of savings to buy it.  

Like it previously said, I don’t have any money worries but given the current cost of living I personally am not going to criticise anyone who finds it difficult to find or justify the extra expense of a £34 ticket.   Each to their own though. 

If someone is genuinely struggling to put food on the table or to pay bills etc then why the f**k would you pay for a season ticket.