Scottish Cup 2024/25

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

How many teams in the WoSL are eligible to take part in the Scottish Cup?

15 of their 80 clubs are licensed: 7x Premier, 3x First, 1x Second, 3x Third (including Threave) and 1x Fourth division clubs.

They had 16 entrants as unlicensed Beith still qualified as champions.

Just now, Camberwick Green said:

For the benefit of someone down south with only a vague understanding of the lower leagues, are Stranraer just as amateur as their opponents or are they and the rest of league two semi-pro?

Both clubs are semi-professional training a couple of nights a week but Stranraer's budget will be an order of magnitude above Threave... for some context until 2yrs ago Threave were dicing it with Stranraer's amateur reserve team at the top of the South of Scotland League before Threave switched into the West... after a promotion there are 5 tiers and 74 places between the sides.

Edited by HibeeJibee

14 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Stranraer :lol:.

74 places Stranraer<>Threave... would that be biggest "shock margin" ever?

If I was a Berwick fan I wouldn't be gloating after your struggles with a side who arn't even ranked and played the game with ten men for the most part.

Just now, cowdenbeath said:

If I was a Berwick fan I wouldn't be gloating after your struggles with a side who arn't even ranked and played the game with ten men for the most part.

You're forgetting Threave thrashed us 3-0 on our own patch a fortnight ago in South Challenge Cup :lol:... we're dreadful but I thought Stranraer of SPFL2 would have measure of them tbh. Not thusfar!

7 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Well in that case they can stick

*googles Stranraer*

Hugh Nibloe up their arse.

Footballing alternatives being Kevin Kyle and Colin Calderwood.

Charlie Watson - what a hero, what an example to the rest of us!  Such a cruel disease.

That interview with his mum, she was struggling so much - heart wrenching emotion.  Wish them both all the best.

Inspirational story about the Threave number 4 Charlie Watson, 19 year old and been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer.

You think you've got problems and then you read a story like this. Inspirational stuff, take a massive bow young man. I hope your team can hold on and you get the man of the match award.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c14lzn2d21ro

2 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

You're forgetting Threave thrashed us 3-0 on our own patch a fortnight ago in South Challenge Cup :lol:... we're dreadful but I thought Stranraer of SPFL2 would have measure of them tbh. Not thusfar!

I did forget about that😀

Just now, Claudia Gentile said:

Is Castle Douglas on the National Grid or is there some poor fecker frantically pedalling a bike with a dynamo to keep the lights on?

Maybe, just maybe ... Threave Rovers aren't cash rich with spare dough to splash on infrastructure such as state of the art LED floodlighting.  Just a wild guess though ...

Just now, Otis Blue said:

Maybe, just maybe ... Threave Rovers aren't cash rich with spare dough to splash on infrastructure such as state of the art LED floodlighting.  Just a wild guess though ...

They could do with a battery farm to help out worth the power. I hear Scot Gardiner is at a loose end.