Germany - Scotland

11 hours ago, 2426255 said:

I think we can win this game. In Scottish terms it would be maybe like Hearts, Kilmarnock or St Mirren against one of the Old Firm last season. We have to play a really good game, however we approach it, and they have to be even just slightly of it or at least not on it. Simple as that.

I agree. At the moment. I'm quietly anticipating a (very) narrow victory. It's worrying somewhat :lol:

Spare a thought for the horrendously confused spanners that hate the country of their birth so much they’ll support a country they usually sing a stupid song about in mockery instead.

It’s coming hame.

IMG_5813.jpeg

A stuffy draw isn’t beyond the bounds of possibility… and would be an absolutely fantastic result.

Fear is that the Germans have the bench to win it late on and they’ll toddle off with that ‘won it without playing particularly well’ glow.

Swiss game will still be ‘must not lose’ whether we get a point here or not, so might as well just relax and try to enjoy it.

I really don't know why I'm feeling that we're going to sneak it. 

A draw would be a fantastic start, even a plucky narrow defeat would be decent. Something in me just says we're going to win. 

Heading into Germany as we speak and I'm fucking buzzing

1 hour ago, stressball said:

Spare a thought for the horrendously confused spanners that hate the country of their birth so much they’ll support a country they usually sing a stupid song about in mockery instead.

It’s coming hame.

IMG_5813.jpeg

The country of my birth is England. I hope they get an embarrassing exit at the earliest opportunity. 

We absolutely can get a result if we're at the top of our game tomorrow, but aye if Germany bring their A-game we've no chance. At the risk of getting way ahead of myself, a draw would leave only 3 (possibly even 2) points needed from the other 2 games to qualify.

Majorly jealous of everyone making the journey over!

The positivity and optimism is great. Long may it continue.

The Negative Normans and naysayers should take a day off and support the team.

For me, this doesn't feel like it did in Euro 2020. It feels more like France 98.

Probably because we're involved in the opening game against a football powerhouse. As opposed to Euro 2020 when we didn't meet a big team.

Watched all the matches from Euro 96 and France 98 recently. If we play like those Scotland teams did, with guts, confidence and a swagger (We battered Switzerland and Norway and more than held our own vs England, Brazil and the Netherlands) we'll easily get out of the group.

It's up to the players and the team to be brave.

Edited by SlayerX

42 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

For me, this doesn't feel like it did in Euro 2020. It feels more like France 98.

Probably because we're involved in the opening game against a football powerhouse. As opposed to Euro 2020 when we didn't meet a big team.

You can be positive, optimistic, support Scotland with a passion and still think they will probably lose. That doesn't make me any less Scottish or any less excited or any less desperate for my country to succeed. And I'm getting a tad tired of 'Delusional Desmonds' telling me otherwise. And I, for one, hope it's nothing like France 98. One point and a hammering in the final game ? No thanks.

Edited by kennie makevin

28 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

You can be positive, optimistic, support Scotland with a passion and still think they will probably lose. That doesn't make me any less Scottish or anyone less excited or any less desperate for my country to succeed. And I'm getting a tad tired of 'Delusional Desmonds' telling me otherwise. And I, for one, hope it's nothing like France 98. One point and a hammering in the final game ? No thanks.

https://www.veed.io/view/e84e99a8-ff01-405f-a4b5-74e397aa15ce?panel=

Each to their own, mate. Just sick and tired of the negativity.

Anout France 98, I meant the nerves.

I was way more nervous about France 98 than I was for Euro 2020.

You should watch France 98 again.

We should've got a point against Brazil and we should've beat Norway and Morocco.

The results didn't align with the application or attitude.

Edited by SlayerX

25 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

https://www.veed.io/view/e84e99a8-ff01-405f-a4b5-74e397aa15ce?panel=

Each to their own, mate. Just sick and tired of the negativity.

Anout France 98, I meant the nerves.

I was way more nervous about France 98 than I was for Euro 2020.

You should watch France 98 again.

We should've got a point against Brazil and we should've beat Norway and Morocco.

The results didn't align with the application or attitude.

You were doing well until Morocco... delusional isn't strong enough for the belief we should have won that game.

44 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

Watched all the matches from Euro 96 and France 98 recently. If we play like those Scotland teams did, with guts, confidence and a swagger (We battered Switzerland and Norway and more than held our own vs England, Brazil and the Netherlands) we'll easily get out of the group.

It's up to the players and the team to be brave.

The reason Euro2020 was boring was down to the plandemic. 

We did play a big team as well. We played England ( sorry but it's true )

France98, Brazil did deserve to beat us, we were unlucky against Norway and then we got our arse skelped big time by Morocco. 

18 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

You were doing well until Morocco... delusional isn't strong enough for the belief we should have won that game.

Watch it again:

https://footballia.eu/matches/morocco-scotland

It wasn't a 0-3 game. None of the scores from our France 98 exploits were justied.

Anyway.

I hope we win tomorrow but there'll be no predictions of score or lineup from me.

Too many undecided variables.

As far as I'm concerned it's two from Porteous, McKenna, Hendry and Hanley. And who knows about rwb and the attacking areas.

Edited by SlayerX

8 minutes ago, Derryboy62 said:

We did play a big team as well. We played England ( sorry but it's true )

A team wins one trophy in their entire history and they're considered a big team?

Fair enough.

I vehemently disagree but everyone's opinion should be respected.

Mocking and showing derision isn't for me. I'll leave that to the others.

Germany have won 7 trophies.

Edited by SlayerX

10 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

A team wins one trophy in their entire history and they're considered a big team?

Fair enough.

I vehemently disagree but everyone's opinion should be respected.

Germany have won 7.

Pains me to make the comparison as a Dee, but you’re right, England are a big team in global terms in a very similar way to Dundee being a big team in Scottish terms.

Glory years in the 60s, one of the biggest supports and consistently expected to achieve something at some point, but just…don’t.

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

You can be positive, optimistic, support Scotland with a passion and still think they will probably lose. That doesn't make me any less Scottish or any less excited or any less desperate for my country to succeed. And I'm getting a tad tired of 'Delusional Desmonds' telling me otherwise. And I, for one, hope it's nothing like France 98. One point and a hammering in the final game ? No thanks.

As in every tournament we've reached since 1978, I'm approaching this with equal quantities of excitement and The Fear. Well, the first game anyway. 

57 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

As in every tournament we've reached since 1978, I'm approaching this with equal quantities of excitement and The Fear. Well, the first game anyway. 

I think in many ways Scotland's greatest achievement as a national team is the amount of fear we inspire. I've been scared shitless every time I've watched us play since I was too young to know better.

It's been incredibly strange recently playing minnows and average sides in qualifying and feeling that it was inevitable that we score. Spain at Hampden was the surrealist thing, cannot think of any other occasion I've been sitting comfortably during the last 20 while we played a "big" team.

Edited by The Algebraist

My one wish is if we get a setback or are struggling during the game or if we don't get the result we want folk, especially fans in the Stadium, but also those that aren't stay behind the team until the tournament is over for us and don't go down the negativity road.

In fairness to the media and fans the benefit of any doubts have been applied. It's been a positive build up, maube unjustifiably so since Gibraltar. The team will try to do their best and that's all you can ask imo. No matter how it plays out.