Germany - Scotland

12 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

I’m convinced he’s going to do something unexpected. Wouldn’t be surprised if Christie and Gilmour started, and we don’t have a striker on the field. 

I am certain that he has a specific plan to deal with Germany - much like we did with Spain.

Executing it requires some luck, and nobody scoring a 30-yarder like Philip Lahm or Torsten Frings, but we’re going to have a plan.

Craig Levein likes this

25 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

I’m convinced he’s going to do something unexpected. Wouldn’t be surprised if Christie and Gilmour started, and we don’t have a striker on the field. 

I am certain that he has a specific plan to deal with Germany - much like we did with Spain.

Executing it requires some luck, and nobody scoring a 30-yarder like Philip Lahm or Torsten Frings, but we’re going to have a plan.

Germany will never expect Liam Kelly in goals, totally unprepared for it. 

I dreamt of a 1-0 win last night. Along the lines of everyone taking the pish because we've had 0 shots on target by 68 minutes then Christie scores a screamer from 20 yards.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I dreamt of a 1-0 win last night. Along the lines of everyone taking the pish because we've had 0 shots on target by 68 minutes then Christie scores 

Edited by Binos

Steve Clarke's overly cautious side was shown at Euro 20 (Euro 21) when we had two games at Hampden and the other down the road.

I think he'll travel down a similar road this time around and will end in another first round exit.

However, if he has learned from past experience, and stikes a better balance between defence and attack then I believe we can qualify for the last 16, perhaps given a fair wind, the last 8.

Hopefully Clarke realises that this is probably his squad and his own final opportunity to write themselves into Scottish footballing history and he at least slackens the shackles.

Alas though, my head tells me it will be rinse and repeat and we'll be trotting out the usual platitudes after another first round exit.

I don't think we can sit deep for the whole game against the Germans and take any points.

We have to sow the seeds of doubt in their back line and give them something to worry about.

When you think about it, the pressure is all on the Germans, we have to somehow exploit that tension.

And don't concede early and allow them to settle!

Edited by Bogbrush1903

1 hour ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

That's all very well and good, but imagine what could have been achieved this summer if Simon Murray had been called up.

Guten Tag brothers.

As a football nation moaning about VAR for the past while, I fully expect a 1-0 92nd minute winner as the ball batters off Rudiger's hand from 2ft away.

VAR to be the saviour.

Danke.

Can we get some flegs in the thread title please? I know we're playing Germany and Switzerland but brutalist minimalism isn't to my taste. 

I honestly am not particularly excited about tomorrow, which is a weird thing to feel. I daresay I'll feel differently at 8pm. 

1-0 Scotland. McTominay with a thunderbolt from the edge of the box.

49 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Steve Clarke's overly cautious side was shown at Euro 20 (Euro 21) when we had two games at Hampden and the other down the road.

I think he'll travel down a similar road this time around and will end in another first round exit.

However, if he has learned from past experience, and stikes a better balance between defence and attack then I believe we can qualify for the last 16, perhaps given a fair wind, the last 8.

Hopefully Clarke realises that this is probably his squad and his own final opportunity to write themselves into Scottish footballing history and he at least slackens the shackles.

Alas though, my head tells me it will be rinse and repeat and we'll be trotting out the usual platitudes after another first round exit.

I don't think we can sit deep for the whole game against the Germans and take any points.

We have to sow the seeds of doubt in their back line and give them something to worry about.

When you think about it, the pressure is all on the Germans, we have to somehow exploit that tension.

And don't concede early and allow them to settle!

How do you suppose a team which is slow, short, not very physical and has the vast majority of its quality spread across midfield and left-back  is supposed to play, other than in the patient manner that Clarke sets us up?

3 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

How do you suppose a team which is slow, short, not very physical and has the vast majority of its quality spread across midfield and left-back  is supposed to play, other than in the patient manner that Clarke sets us up?

Get it furrit

2 hours ago, SlayerX said:

Yep.

A European Cup winner's medal in one pocket and Zidane in the other.

Juventus tried to buy him as a direct result.

Easily walk into our current team. A ball winning midfielder is actually one thing we're lacking, particularly one of Lambert's calibre (He was equal to Deschamps and Dunga).

You're at it here.

Unfortunately just can't see a win here. Germany are simply significantly better than us, plus they're playing at home.

Would very much like to be wrong of course.

8 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

UP EH PARK

I think McGinn is in such poor form at the moment I probably wouldn't pick him. Such are my mad prediction skillz, this almost certainly guarantees that he'll score tomorrow night!

Just now, Bad Wolf said:

I think McGinn is in such poor form at the moment I probably wouldn't pick him. Such are my mad prediction skillz, this almost certainly guarantees that he'll score tomorrow night!

He's looked knackered for a while now, but I am hoping adrenaline will kick in tomorrow night. Scotland are crap at friendlies anyway so I wouldn't read too much into our recent form.

Anyway, we'll win 1-0. Grant Hanley header from a corner kick. You heard it here first.

7 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

He was excellent for Villa against Liverpool, in the second last game of the season. 

I am making zero predictions about this game.

As long as we turn up and genuinely have a go, avoid brainfart defending (I'm talking you G Hanley), dont lose a dodgy VAR goal, then I'll be happy whatever the result.

That all being said, I will put my customary bet on our opponents.

I hope my recent betting performance keeps going.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh