Munich

welshbairn

How are we all doing? Just arrived in time for lunch in the beautiful Bavarian town of Garching just north of the stadium, no obvious Tartan invasion as yet. 17182792497631623517879532355384.thumb.jpg.65950dbba5be0221441c83ce2f65361a.jpg

If anyone's staying near the Silberhornstrasse U-bahn station near 1860's ground I can highly recommended a tiny little bar on the corner called "70er." The guys there love that we have a lion rampant, as 1860, "die Lowen" (The Lions) do too. 

There's a cracking wee restaurant/bar called Antons round the corner too. Enjoy, see you in Köln!

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

How are we all doing? Just arrived in time for lunch in the beautiful Bavarian town of Garching just north of the stadium, no obvious Tartan invasion as yet. 17182792497631623517879532355384.thumb.jpg.65950dbba5be0221441c83ce2f65361a.jpg

Whit d'ye hae?

Some other Scotland fans in our hotel in Augsburg. Been a nice night but been shattered as we had a flight from Edinburgh at 3.15am and only got to the hotel at 2.30pm today.

Looking forward to Munich tomorrow so much though. This game is going to be tremendous, whatever the result.

IMG_2571.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Against UEFA And The Crown said:

I've been seeing so many photos all across social media and it looks like a blast. Wish I could be there.

Since you’re against UEFA, it seems fairly equitable that you’re not there.

1 hour ago, Boring Bob said:

Since you’re against UEFA, it seems fairly equitable that you’re not there.

I am more interested in the … ? My guess is the Palestinian People’s Front 

Loving seeing the scenes, glad everyone is having a good time.  It also is interesting to note that the only incident I've heard of thus far was a bagpiper falling off a table. 

Far cry from the stories we usually see when a certain other set of fans from the UK travel...

Edited by senorsoupe

1 hour ago, Clangers said:

I am more interested in the … ? My guess is the Palestinian People’s Front 

Splitters!

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

also is interesting to note that the only incident I've heard of thus far was a bagpiper falling off a table. 

Incorrect. There were two...

Apart from the brief footballing interlude, Munich was amazing yesterday. We were sitting in the Hofbrauhaus chatting with a couple of Germany fans called Manuel & Deiter who were here from Switzerland, and then they sat us next to a German guy in the Augustiner Keller and we were talking to him as well.

All the German folk have been lovely, more friendly than I would have been because I always remember how irritating large numbers of tourists are from living in Edinburgh at festival time. 

Imo Munich is absolute shite. Some really sound folk but also I've come across some of the rudest, most confrontational people I've met. Pubs say they're full, then let in loads of German folk. All round organisation of everything is non existant. Hoping for much better in Koln but not getting my hopes up.

4 hours ago, afca32 said:

Imo Munich is absolute shite. Some really sound folk but also I've come across some of the rudest, most confrontational people I've met. Pubs say they're full, then let in loads of German folk. All round organisation of everything is non existant. Hoping for much better in Koln but not getting my hopes up.

Sound a bit like it's either been a blast or it's been miserable. I never fancied doing the fanzones. The games yea and be out and about in Munich, but I'd rather anywhere else than those bloody fanzones. Smelly, long queues, arseholes everywhere. Like watching the game at a busy airport. No thanks.

I've thought it's been a class few days in munich, the locals are loving us, no trouble, beer freely available and it's still bouncing with Scots tonight, 11 euros for a stein in the hofbrauhaus, pretty decent. Also paid 33euros for a crate of 20 500ml of augustiner, what's not to like 

18 hours ago, afca32 said:

I thought it was spot on, apart from the issues around Marienplatz and the U-Bahn with overcrowding. Everyone I spoke to was magic, though I was largely speaking German with the locals so it might have helped. Gutted I could only do the one night to be honest.

Munich was class. As already mentioned the U-Bahn issues were terrible with the overcrowding. Hopefully it's not the same on Wednesday night in Cologne.