Germany v Scotland

I think Steve Clarke overall has done brilliant for us as manager...but genuinely say we carry this performance into both games and lose comfortably, where does that leave us?

If we do lose both games we'll have only won twice in thirteen games against Cyprus and Gibraltar, conceding 28 goals along the way.

4 minutes ago, adopted beath said:

Not sure we would get out the group if Gibraltar and San Marino were the other two teams in the group cos that was as bad as I have seen and I’m in my sixties

Whippersnapper.

3 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

I think Steve Clarke overall has done brilliant for us as manager...but genuinely say we carry this performance into both games and lose comfortably, where does that leave us?

If we do lose both games we'll have only won twice in thirteen games against Cyprus and Gibraltar, conceding 28 goals along the way.

I've been a big fan of Clarke but if we don't win a game then he has to go.

That was brutal start to finish. Gunn has made it an impossible task with the weak wrist for the first goal. But for the entire time before that we were not at it. 

4 points was the target and will be enough to get through as a 3rd place runner up. 1-0 or 5-1 therefore doesn’t reeeeallly matter. The quality gulf was massive though and we were always needing something special tonight (especially with the hosts playing a home game, opening game etc). But the players and management have a big few days now with that score line and how much it was a shagging - continue the embarrassment or step up?

Also I saw a lot of fans and pundits ‘understanding’ of why Gilmour might not play tonight because blah blah. Madness.  He is an elite level player. And was a key way we could hold the ball, especially first 10/15 minutes.

MacGregor couldn’t lace Gilmour’s boots and it’s a massive mare from Clarke. He plays at such a low level comparably, is less of a player and his ‘experience’ is not relevant - looking like a player at Celtic park against Ross County and having a million medals when your 1/20 favourite to win them means f**k all when playing against Kroos and co. 

Flying out Monday and got a ticket for Switzerland. Really hoping the boys puff the chest and all have a stormer! 

Absolutely pathetic. Gilmour has to start next game to atleast get some controlled possession in the midfield. 

I wouldn’t start McGregor next game. I like him as a player but would start Gilmour next game. If we winning and comfortable in the next game I would then introduce McGregor to get back into the swing of things. McLean and Shankland is also like play. Hendry is the only certain starter out of the 3 centre backs.

Yep I love Clarke and what he's done, the respectability he's brought to the side and what he has achieved..  but he'll regret that decision not to start with Gilmour. Was always going to be a brave call tonight but he's got it badly wrong unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I think a lot of people rate Gilmour much too highly but I want that imposter McGregor launched on a catapult.

Gilmour does the basics right and finds time on the ball which we needed

People not realising gilmour would have had no one to play to anyway? McGregor has been really consistent for a long time, no way should he be binned over gilmour.

If gilmour was to play it would of only made sense if we were playing a midfield 3 from the start.

Edited by ScottishLoon

We were really lucky to get away with 5-1. It's embarrassing but it's not a jaw dropping result. 8-0 and we'd be complete laughing stock, and that would have been more reflective of the game.

Beating Spain is a distant memory.

optimism lasted 10 mins, fear of a cricket score by half time, we didn’t score our consolation goal, chance of mitigating GD to -3, last kick of the ball -4.

highligh noe is gonna be supporting whoever plays England l.