Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 vs Switzerland 🇨🇭

Jives Miguel

6 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Stuck in two minds here:

1) Job done, bring on Hungary. 

2) if this were the 'normal' rules we'd realistically be out already like every other Euro / WC group stage we've always used as a benchmark.

Nah. In '96 and '98 we still thought we had a chance with one point from two games. 

We went from a national embarrassment of a performance on Friday to a very respectable one tonight. It's not our best XI and the Swiss are clearly pretty decent.

Both teams went for it and both were let off a few times. Good game in the end.

Another Adams fan today. He was marvellous and worked his arse off. Done of his hold-up play and link-up play was great. I thought he had his best game for us for a while.

Here, Joe Hart has been fantastic in the studio. Some great stuff about goalkeeping there.

Just now, adopted beath said:

Billy Gilmour doesn’t start against Germany and gets subbed tonight but Ralston plays both games.That is why we will always be crap and Scottish managers are not fit for purpose.Robertson in interview after the game bigging up Ralston must think we are all just clueless punters.

Do you not think he's maybe doing a captain's job of backing up his teammates when they've had a hard time of it?

8 minutes ago, Clubberlang said:

Tony Ralston is full on viewing of how the level of footballers in Scotland is regressing, im Not even joking when I say I’ve seen many better right backs in the junior game than him over the years he looks like he won a lottery to represent Scotland for the euros

He did you 

First two choices injured

(  Missing BDD and Lewis as well  )

Edited by Ewanandmoreagain

Ralston made a huge error of course but Robertson correctly identified that he was magnificent apart from that. I’d be tempted to play a back four on Sunday though given KT’s injury.

8 minutes ago, Venti said:

Only thing that gives me the fear is the result after 1-1 Norway in '98.

Exactly, but the happy clappers are jumping with joy over a draw. Our loser mentality will always come back to bite us, every fucking time

2 minutes ago, adopted beath said:

Billy Gilmour doesn’t start against Germany and gets subbed tonight but Ralston plays both games.That is why we will always be crap and Scottish managers are not fit for purpose.Robertson in interview after the game bigging up Ralston must think we are all just clueless punters.

What do you expect Robertson to say? "Aye we don't know why the gaffer starts him either, he's shite"?

2 minutes ago, velo army said:

Another Adams fan today. He was marvellous and worked his arse off. Done of his hold-up play and link-up play was great. I thought he had his best game for us for a while.

Here, Joe Hart has been fantastic in the studio. Some great stuff about goalkeeping there.

Genuinely quite impressed with Corsie and Hart. Miles better than the usual suspects. 

21 minutes ago, PJ70 said:

Terrible point against a team we should be thrashing.

Can we not occasionally get a subtle/funny troll? Why are they always so dense? Just once would be nice......

8 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

We are alive and kicking going into the last game. It’s very unlikely it will be a draw in that game as Hungary HAVE to win as well, would imagine both teams end up throwing everything at the last ten minutes if it’s a draw and there will be a winner.

It blows my mind that anyone is questioning Adams performance tonight. Thought his work rate was astonishing and he did a lot of great work for the team. Ralston a very obvious weak link, I said pre tournament I’d have tried a few different options out there. Also thought McKenna looked better when he came on than Hanley or Hendry. Wouldn’t be opposed to Christie in for McGinn next game 

Mcginn has been moved to accommodate mcgregor hence he’s not getting the goals anymore

3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Things I never ever ever thought I’d say.. I think Joe Hart has been decent and fairly positive about Scotland.  

He seems fairly humble and isn't talking complete shite. Decent pundits to be fair.