Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 vs Switzerland 🇨🇭

Jives Miguel

11 minutes ago, stressball said:

Where have I blamed Hanley instead  of Ralston?

I’ve said both were culpable 😂

Plus you’re the one that brought Celtic into it after clicking on my profile and thinking “awww I’ll mention he supports Celtic, people will pure love that.”

The only person before you who mentioned Hanley rather than Ralston outright was Moyes. It was clearly a tongue-in-cheek comment given the emoji. But I'm glad you've used that to make me another person who apparently hates Celtic. 

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Won’t speak for him, but the stuff about Harry Kane licking windows really needs to stop. 

This. And the worst one of all is Harry Kane’s a m****. Thankfully only seemed to be small groups but absolutely no need.

12 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Spoken to a few boys in work and they all think Yakin got it wrong with his starting 11 and that cost them the win, but they feel a draw was a fair result. Can’t really disagree with them.

Forgot you lived in Switzerland 

Just now, throbber said:

Forgot you lived in Switzerland 

Has we lost last night I’d have been doing the fucking same.

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Genuinely unaware of it. can't say I've heard it either at Hampden or in Amsterdam / Algarve recently.

I didn’t hear it at all in the actual stadium, tbf, but it certainly got a few airings on the tram and in pubs. 

43 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Which ones?

I take it entry / travel wasn't as good as hoped?

On the songs, the posters above are right. I know I've gone on about on a few different match threads, but it's disgusting and needs to stop. 

Travel into Munich was fine for us as we got on a station early, though plenty on here have said that it was a fiasco and that's the impression I got passing through other stations. Entry into the stadium was a shambles, though, with a swarm of people just getting funnelled into an area with no direction whatsoever. 

Koln Hbf was incredibly dangerous getting to the stadium. More and more Scots started arriving and forcing the crowds towards where line of stewards blocking the stairs, there were random tourists/locals trying to push through the crowds, then some stewards saying that one stairwell was closed by the time we got to the front so tried to redirect us back to the crowd of Scotland fans heading in our direction. Turns out the stewards were talking shite. When we made it onto the platform it was empty and the train had loads of space, so it seemed like they were trying to avoid the overcrowding on the platform and trains but that just resulted in another dangerous situation in the station. I ended up snapping at one point. 

I reckon we'll just end up walking to the game in Stuttgart, as none of us want to experience a repeat of that.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah this. Hanley's ball to Gilmour was really poor and needlessly high. Gilmour though actually did well to control it and lay it off. It wasn't ideal and Ralston was being pressed but he had time to do lots with it that didn't involve turning and playing the most lethal Swiss attacker clean in on goal. He can simply pass it back to Hanley (which he tried to do really badly), he can as you say blooter it up the line, possibly off the opponent for our throw. He can even knock it straight out for a throw and let us regroup. It's a horror match costing error but he didn't hide and grew into the game after that. Fair play to him.

In what way?

There were times he was higher up the pitch than McGinn and McTominay when there was nothing much happening. I noticed this a few times and was concerned about them breaking away as he was so far out of position.

In the 2nd half on 3 times the Swiss winger walked past him inside but for terrible shooting could have caused more trouble.

For Hanleys header off the post when the Swiss cleared it and it was going out for our throw in Ralston for some bizarre reason with nobody near him knocked it out for a Swiss throw in.

A few aggressive simple tackles later on doesn't mean he grew in to the game.

17 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

How did anyone feel getting the train before the fan walk last night? 

Felt it was dangerously uncomfortable trying to get onto the train. 

I didn't go to the fan walk, but the trams going out to the stadium were unpleasantly crowded.

As for Ralston's performance, horrible error for the goal aside I think part of the problem was not getting enough protection. There was one in the second half where he backed off and backed off with everyone screaming at him not to, allowing the winger to get a shot away. It was poor defending, but he was also being hung out to dry at the time - McTominay was within 10 yards of it standing still watching it happen rather than dropping in to help him out. When one player is obviously being targeted by the opposition he needs to be given a bit more help from his teammates.

No idea how anyone can think we'd have been better off without Adams last night. Clarke should have had Christie on earlier for the once again anonymous McGinn (has he had a decent game for Scotland since Norway at home?) so you could argue there that he may have an issue with a reluctance to take off players he trusts, but persisting with Adams as long as possible makes sense. He gave Shankland chance after chance in friendlies to show he was up to it and he was consistently miles off it, even against opposition as bad as Gibraltar. He knows he can trust Adams to put in the hard yards that Shankland can't, while he's also levels above him in possession. All the evidence of their Scotland careers to date tells us that Shankland in place of Adams massively weakens the team and until Shankland does something to change that, we're going to see Adams on the park for as long as possible when a game against a good standard of opposition is hanging in the balance.

4 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I didn't go to the fan walk, but the trams going out to the stadium were unpleasantly crowded.

As for Ralston's performance, horrible error for the goal aside I think part of the problem was not getting enough protection. There was one in the second half where he backed off and backed off with everyone screaming at him not to, allowing the winger to get a shot away. It was poor defending, but he was also being hung out to dry at the time - McTominay was within 10 yards of it standing still watching it happen rather than dropping in to help him out. When one player is obviously being targeted by the opposition he needs to be given a bit more help from his teammates.

Don't remember the specific incident, and don't disagree with the sentiment at all. However, would note McTominay's job when we didn't have the ball was to stray no more than 2 yards away from Granit Xhaka all night and stop him playing quarterback, something he did superbly. He's not doing it superbly if he's trying to double up on whoever is attacking Ralston and leaving Xhaka to wander off and receive the ball unmarked. In that instance he has to trust his team-mate and concentrate on his own role.

10 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I couldn't believe we weren't doubling up on that side, it was a clear game plan from Switzerland to isolate Ralston and we just let it happen.

1 hour ago, munro7 said:

This. And the worst one of all is Harry Kane’s a m****. Thankfully only seemed to be small groups but absolutely no need.

Both in very poor taste and need to stop.

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I didn’t hear it at all in the actual stadium, tbf, but it certainly got a few airings on the tram and in pubs. 

Heard them sung a good few times on Monday and Tuesday around Alter Markt. I even saw a family who were still out at 11pm on the Monday with two kids under the age of about 6 (the younger one in a pushchair) and both parents were drunk belting those chants out. What chance have you got?

The defence of Ralston from some on here is baffling. He was exposed so often and made one decent aggressive tackle that I can remember.  He got himself into decent positions only to hit the first man with a poor cross. McCrorie must be absolutely dreadful in training to not even be considered as a replacement. Can't remember what pundit mentioned it but he always turns into trouble when he gets the ball and that is a basic error which he doesn't seem to be able to eradicate. 

From being to three games now and all having similar(ish) issues in relation to getting in and out - my advice for anyone going to Stuttgart is to get there early. Get to the city early and more importantly get to the ground as early as you can - they are open 3 hours before kick off, sell food and drink and usually showing the earlier game.

I got a tram yesterday from the city to the ground at 5:30 and it was mentally full, to the point where nobody else could get on at any of the 15 odd stops it had on the way to the ground, god knows what it must have been like a couple hours after that.

It was fine if you were walking to the ground, but a 90 minute walk in the sun isn't do-able for everyone and tram was pretty much the only other option. It's a matchday at a tournament mind, so as long as you plan sensibly.

On the plus side, all travel on non match days has been a breeze, relaxed, on time and very efficient I have found

Sounds magic!

Fortunately I'm not traveling on the day of the game on Sunday. I've a hotel just over a mile from the stadium I think. I'll need to negotiate planes, trains and automobiles the day before and morning after though so not sure how that's going to go. It's not matchday though anywhere near where we are so hopefully not as chaotic.

Aye mate hopefully you'll be alright. Sounds like a lot of other fans are having issues at Gelsenkirchen aswell which is annoying cause I've got tickets for the spain Italy game tonight 

Genuinely unaware of it. can't say I've heard it either at Hampden or in Amsterdam / Algarve recently.

It gets sung a lot from my experience aswell as the Harry kane eats spaghetti with his hands

2 hours ago, HoBNob said:

I'm going along to Stuttgart on Friday and my biggest fear coming into the game last night is that we'd be out, the game would be meaningless and it would be a Euros to forget, after so much buildup that would've been so hard to take. 

After the Germany game I was worried about how bad a football team we were, and how embarrassing it could get over the next two games but the Scotland last night is the one we've known for a couple of years, and while the first half wasn't fantastic I thought we were quite good in the second half in an ethraling game of football, the nerves in the final twenty minutes were something else. And as a experience I thought it was like a major tournament game would feel like. 

I'm now absolutely buzzing for Sunday. 

Enjoy m8.