Name the trialist

48 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

What's his ceiling at this moment in time do you think? Got enough to excel in L1?

Had a stellar season in the Highland League and sure that sparked interest from a few clubs. Did look good against us last year it must be said.

Create chances and he’ll take them that’s for sure.  

Suppose it all depends on the system you’ll play. He excelled when he played with a partner up front. Not really suited to being a lone striker in my opinion.

I think League 1 would be a good place for Grady at the moment - not to say he couldn't play higher down the line.  Agree with the above comment about playing in a 2, him and Biabi had a great partnership the year we won the league.

2 hours ago, Edzellcityfan said:

Create chances and he’ll take them that’s for sure.  

Suppose it all depends on the syst

2 hours ago, Brechin City FC said:

I think League 1 would be a good place for Grady at the moment - not to say he couldn't play higher down the line.  Agree with the above comment about playing in a 2, him and Biabi had a great partnership the year we won the league.

em you’ll play. He excelled when he played with a partner up front. Not really suited to being a lone striker in my opinion.

Sounds like Mitch in his prime with us. Unfortunately the former has dipped massively, for me, in the last year to 18 months. Not sure if Mitch would partner well with Grady or if we need a physical, tall striker to compliment one or both.

Remains to be seen if he will sign but if he could prove his worth/ability in L1 it might pave the way for a step up 

54 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Sounds like Mitch in his prime with us. Unfortunately the former has dipped massively, for me, in the last year to 18 months. Not sure if Mitch would partner well with Grady or if we need a physical, tall striker to compliment one or both.

Remains to be seen if he will sign but if he could prove his worth/ability in L1 it might pave the way for a step up 

I'm not convinced Grady is cut out for league 1 level yet. An excellent goalscorer, of that there is no doubt but he has a lot to improve in terms of workrate off the ball. He often went missing in our bigger games when more was expected of him.

Brechin are due a development fee, no idea how much but they may put clubs off.

6 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

What's his ceiling at this moment in time do you think? Got enough to excel in L1?

Had a stellar season in the Highland League and sure that sparked interest from a few clubs. Did look good against us last year it must be said.

The only good thing Price did at Brechin was he found out that Grady’s work rate is pish,he will score goals but won’t put in a shift for the team.

13 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

The only good thing Price did at Brechin was he found out that Grady’s work rate is pish,he will score goals but won’t put in a shift for the team.

Ah that's disappointing. Need to have work-rate and press high, at times at least. Wonder if that will stop him getting a contract. 

We only have Mitch and Myles Gaffney in the forward position. Latter isn't near ready so need reinforcements soon.

On 22/06/2024 at 17:53, 1320Lichtie said:

Who is this? The only unnamed player from our training today. He’s not signed so not sure if he’s just training with us for fitness or other reasons - not got a fkn scooby. 

IMG_4588.jpeg

IMG_4589.jpeg

IMG_4590.png

3rd one is Adam Hutchinson. Played for Dundee Utd through the ranks and been on loan at Forfar and Dumbarton

13 minutes ago, LoganAAFC said:

3rd one is Adam Hutchinson. Played for Dundee Utd through the ranks and been on loan at Forfar and Dumbarton

I'd be amazed if he is moving up a division this season... 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Looks a litte like Lewis Martin (ex-kelty)!

He was playing for Brechin today so deffo not him (although I agree on the resemblance!)

Edited by leomessi1984

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

Looks a bit like Scott Williamson from QP

It does, right number (9) for Scotty. I think you might well be right.

The slight ginger twinge swayed my view but likely the light/angle

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

It does, right number (9) for Scotty. I think you might well be right.

The slight ginger twinge swayed my view but likely the light/angle

Any good? See he's contracted to QP till 2025.

13 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Any good? See he's contracted to QP till 2025.

Lots of endeavour, strong runner but heads normally down and doesn't see the whole picture is my opinion. Prolific at Cambuslang Rangers before he signed for the Spiders.

There's definitely a player in there, could strike in hot in L1, although sadly didn't for us on loan last season and we mutually terminated the deal. He scored against Montrose in his first game and looked a bit of find but soon after was largely frozen out by Hartley.

On 06/07/2024 at 12:39, LoganAAFC said:

They’re all the same guy 😂

But it’s Alasdair Spalding ex Airdrie - young lad - 18 - only seen him play for half an hour but think he would be better off going down a division and getting more game time somewhere else at the moment and I don’t think we will end up signing him. 

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

He scored against Montrose in his first game and looked a bit of find but soon after was largely frozen out by Hartley.

IMG_3872.thumb.jpeg.fb3397a269a4d1de06ff969584da878d.jpeg

9 hours ago, qpfc said:

Looks a bit like Scott Williamson from QP

I would say that’s definitely Scott.

Just didn’t hit the highs with us but was largely used as sub, sometimes in games where we were already well behind, I wouldn’t say he was frozen out per say, Burrell hit form and Hartley wouldn’t drop Mitch if his arm was hanging off so he never really got a chance. Like someone said there is a player lurking in there. So many times it seemed he did everything but score. Wouldn’t have taken a huge amount for him to gain confidence.

I spoke to his old man a few times at away games (he never missed a game where Scott was in the team) and I hope he gets a chance somewhere and it works out.