Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇭🇺 Hungary

Scary Bear

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I can't believe there are folk saying it isn't a penalty. It's as clear a penalty you're likely to see. The only thing I can think is that Armstrong was offside. 

I thought it was a penalty in real time but seeing the replay I didn't.  Looked like 6 and half a dozen.

Just now, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Armstrong was offside.

Morgan has to just take the foul when Hungary are breaking initially.

Yup.  Whether it was a red or a yellow was irrelevant at that point.  

Hugely disappointing but at least we can relax and enjoy the rest of the tournament.  

Not sure I’d be sacking Clarke, but there’ll need to be a big turnover in players.  This current squad isn’t going to improve.  

I get being cagey for the first 45 mins but after sussing out their game plan we should have changed our shape and made our changes at half time or shortly afterwards. That is the main criticism and one where there is not credible answer am afraid. Saying all that, the last 10 mins was some viewing.....

1 minute ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

That's what I think, none of the clowns in the studio have even suggested that as a possibility, but could be when VAR checked it he was offside so the foul became irrelevant.

He was a mile onside. 

1 minute ago, rainbowrising said:

We didn't keep it tight for 60. We did f**k all. Continued to do so for the next 30. Massively over rated squad at this level. 

And Hungary sat back the first 10 minutes inviting Scotland on. Unfortunately Scotland refused the invite.

Imagine that Clarke will be given the opportunity to jump before he's pushed. Can't see him in charge beyond this and rightly so. Our players aren't world beaters but they're better than they've been set out to play.

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

C'mon now, surely you must've learned this lesson by now?

Being a Dundee fan is certainly the best preparation for watching Scotland. 

1 minute ago, RedLichtie86 said:

2 Euros.

6 Games. 0 wins. 2 draws. 4 losses.

3 goals scored

12 goals conceded.

And fucking shite tactics, performances and team selections. We turn up and look clueless. Great advert for the game.

Time for Clarke to go and someone in willing to be more positive in attack. Pick players in form and fully fit. Not just the usual players who turn up and do shite.

Except that we haven't qualified for any tournaments until Clarke came along. Yes he's been too negative tonight, but FFS how quickly can you forgot how much progress there's been under him from where we were?