Next permanent manager of the Conservative and Unionist Party 2024

Who will be the next Tory leader?  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think Badenoch is particularly bright. She regularly pitched up at the despatch box completely unprepared, waffled nonsense, referred to documents that hadn't yet been published, was repeatedly pulled up by the Speaker for ignoring procedure and acting like she was above the rules, and when challenged by inquiries immediately adopts an arrogant, passive aggressive "how dare you question me" stance and tries to talk over anyone pulling her up about her nonsense. It's not the behaviour of someone who knows what they're doing, more the hallmark of an absolute chancer who does everything on the hoof.

See likewise her habit of claiming she's been "misquoted" or "misinterpreted". Ok, it's a well understood populist tactic to throw shite out there to gauge reaction then immediately row back from it, but either she's the biggest victim ever of dishonest reporting, or she's a piss-poor communicator who can't express herself clearly.

She was banging on yesterday about her "achievements" in government, which so far as I can see, involve nothing much more than negotiating deals to punt jam to Chagos Islanders in exchange for £3.50 per annum, and making a hell of a lot of noise and generating hot air about trans and women's rights, but absolutely no meaningful legislation in that area whatsoever. She also claims to have never made a "gaff", despite falling hook, line, and sinker for a completely fabricated piss-take about a child identifying as a cat, losing her heid, and issuing dictats to Offsted and Head Teachers as a result.

Edited by Boo Khaki

On 01/10/2024 at 12:25, carpetmonster said:

I’d forgotten about that. I wonder if you could spear him with ‘Mickey Mouse candidate’ or something similar. Or would it just attract more of the folks, who seem to be increasing in number, for whom the cruelty is the point? 

Just call him "Cartoon Bob".

21 hours ago, Lukovic said:

Heard some of the speeches on the radio while driving. They are absolute crackpots every single one of them.

Like the worst conspiracy theorists you can imagine.

With Labour winning the middle-right, the Tories' only option is to pander to the far right. The problem for them is that (currently) there aren't enough eejits in that category to give them any chance of winning in 2029.

2 hours ago, The DA said:

With Labour winning the middle-right, the Tories' only option is to pander to the far right. The problem for them is that (currently) there aren't enough eejits in that category to give them any chance of winning in 2029.

1997 again, but all from a considerably further right starting point.

2 hours ago, The DA said:

I certainly hope your correct but looking at the results in some other European countries and factoring in 1) there was a huge number of people, particularly Tory voters, who didn’t bother to vote at the last GE, 2) we have a very flawed FPTP electoral system where you can get a majority of seats with a minority of votes, and 3) we have a newly elected Labour government who are already deeply unpopular and sleaze ridden I’m not so sure.

4 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Was just coming on to post this.

Obviously they're all absolutely barking mad, but the guy that said "Kemi understands our values and she can sell them to labour voters and to Lib Dem voters" is on another level entirely.

42 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Was just coming on to post this.

Obviously they're all absolutely barking mad, but the guy that said "Kemi understands our values and she can sell them to labour voters and to Lib Dem voters" is on another level entirely.

They are utterly beyond help.

So the field is whittled down to two before the membership elects the new leader?

Personally I think it will be Jenrick v's Cleverly, but scenes if it's Jenrick v's Badenoch proving that even the parliamentary party has been completely lost to far-right mentalism.

China has nothing to do with anything regarding this. Jenrick's perma-outrage over confected shite will get very old very quickly if he wins.

Tugendhat is a neoconservative. Every second thing I read from him has the phrases "security" and "our allies" in it.

Screenshot2024-10-034_53_08PM.png.173dbc9094e9f283105277c881a4ea68.png

Cleverly just calling it weak shows he's probably not especially hawkish.