Round of 16 thread

JS_FFC

15 minutes ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cyj4n9d9yjno?utm_source=livescore&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=foryou

Would love to say there's a ban incoming for this but as it's Bellingham nothing will happen

When did we stop dishing out 2 game bans for simulation btw? Should be getting one of them too.

22 minutes ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cyj4n9d9yjno?utm_source=livescore&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=foryou

Would love to say there's a ban incoming for this but as it's Bellingham nothing will happen

Sounds like Judith thinks he’s a Smooth Criminal.

Bellingham is a class act in terms of ability and skill, but he comes across a proper dickhead, I seriously hope he gets a ban for that gesture, he was lucky not to get a second yellow for a blatant dive in the second half, I'd have sent the c**t off! 

If he does get a ban, and they're also missing their only centre half in Guehi, then they're bang in trouble! 

I stopped watching really after the equaliser but I enjoyed seeing the post match interviews and reactions from gimps like Rice and Pickford. Not embarrassment, not relief, not a sense of focus and resilience and recognition of a need for improvement, but a Partridge-esque YASS we did it f**k the media/fans/opponents/everyone who hates us. I might be well off and they might win but it didn't seem like there was any genuine reflection about them needing a 94th minute winner against a team who didn't cross the halfway line for the whole second half.

Posted (edited)

As Kane scored a header in extra time I've been given £705 worth of free bets that I now need to convert into real money.

Get your "sure things" to me on a postcard.

Screenshot_20240701_164627_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Can commentators stop saying "just about" when players/teams did actually do what you are talking about.

"Belgium just about got through the group stage"

No they DID get through the group stage! 

1 minute ago, Glen Scotia said:

Can commentators stop saying "just about" when players/teams did actually do what you are talking about.

"Belgium just about got through the group stage"

No they DID get through the group stage! 

Drives me crazy.

4 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I stopped watching really after the equaliser but I enjoyed seeing the post match interviews and reactions from gimps like Rice and Pickford. Not embarrassment, not relief, not a sense of focus and resilience and recognition of a need for improvement, but a Partridge-esque YASS we did it f**k the media/fans/opponents/everyone who hates us. I might be well off and they might win but it didn't seem like there was any genuine reflection about them needing a 94th minute winner against a team who didn't cross the halfway line for the whole second half.

No, you're about right - as soon as the second goal went in, all was forgiven. Until the equaliser, I don't think I've ever heard so much booing from England fans.

This isn't the first time that England players have spoken out against their treatment by the fans. Their support is massively conditional.

Posted (edited)

Gary Neville said about an hour ago that "England are too slow, methodical, ponderous. This isn't these English plqyers".

Yes, it is, Gary.

I have a lot of time for Gary Neville (United legend) but he's just as braknwashed as the rest of the football world.

It sometimes feels like the movie "They live".

Someone please put on your shades.

Watching Spain, Germany and France puts this whole "England have the best attacking at the Euros" narrative into perspective.

Saying that Bellingham, Saka and Foden are better than Williams, Morata and Yamal or Sane, Musiala, Gundogan or Griezmann, Thuram and Mbappe is clinically insane.

These England players are playing to their standard. The end.

Can't wait till the England fans get their wish and Southgate leaves.

if they think Graeme Potter or Potch or anyone is going to get this England team playing like Spain or Germany or Portugal or France, etc. they'll be disappointed.

Edited by Chripper