Middle class Scottish things

10 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

From the Daily Mail in 2015
Most of us consider ourselves to be part of the country’s elite or its middle class, according to a new study

Those London elite dentists up to no good.

Typical of the vulgar oiks at the Mail to consider income from working as defining class. Breeding, schooling and manners, that's what it's all about. You can be on £200k a year but if you wear brown shoes with a dark suit or a single cuffed shirt you're still not at the top of society. Fucking plebs. 

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Dyson V11 Advance, shoorely, at Chez a-p ?

Nah. Vax pet hair turbo doo dah thing. It’s only the cleaner that uses it. Getting a Dyson would be a bit of unnecessary over engineering. 

12 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

From the Daily Mail in 2015
Most of us consider ourselves to be part of the country’s elite or its middle class, according to a new study

Those London elite dentists up to no good.

WTF are those incomes all about? £13 and a bit grand for an electrician? When? 1982?

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

Exceptions for the old and infirm where the council or a charity is paying. 

Paying for one yourself so you can go to the gym then starbucks on the other hand. 

What about the terminally lazy?

1 hour ago, 'WellDel said:

Saturday shopping involving separate trips to a cheesemonger, health food shop and wine merchants, rather than a low cost dash round Aldi's one stop shop.

Substitute craft beer for the wine... and that's my Saturday.

My parents were nothing like that though... I grew up eating whatever was on special offer in Farmfoods that week.

31 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

My parents were nothing like that though... I grew up eating whatever was on special offer in Farmfoods that week.

Same, with the voucher out the paper for a fiver off if you spent over £50 taken along. Random shite and unplanned purchases would be thrown in towards the end of the shop just to make sure of breaking the discount threshold, rendering the actual 'saving' void as it was mostly pish that wouldn't ordinarily have been bought. 

Edited by 'WellDel

45 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

IMG_2180.gif.bc68221cac92d5bcb3aceb2b3fbcf6eb.gif

4 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Buying venison burgers at a farmer's market

Happened across Paisley farmers' market this morning after dropping the missus off at Gilmour St.

The prices as ever were eye watering. Anyway I've just enjoyed a £4.50 slice of artisan Italian cake with my coffee.

Edited by Lurkst

10 hours ago, coprolite said:

Typical of the vulgar oiks at the Mail to consider income from working as defining class. Breeding, schooling and manners, that's what it's all about. You can be on £200k a year but if you wear brown shoes with a dark suit or a single cuffed shirt you're still not at the top of society. Fucking plebs. 

There’s an old adage that the working classes define class in terms of money, the middle classes define it in terms of education and the upper classes define it in terms of breeding 

Obviously that logic doesn’t stand up to rigorous examination but it captures a certain truth 

In Ayrshire, it’s hero worshipping Rabbie Burns with all the attendant Lallans scots, whilst correcting the plebs pronunciation.

From doon ma wey the poem the lass o ballochmyle should sound like The Coturn wids ur yella seen, but try saying it that way and the grammar/language police (bourgeois division) will set the dugs on ye 

8 hours ago, murphy1970 said:

In Ayrshire, it’s hero worshipping Rabbie Burns with all the attendant Lallans scots, whilst correcting the plebs pronunciation.

From doon ma wey the poem the lass o ballochmyle should sound like The Coturn wids ur yella seen, but try saying it that way and the grammar/language police (bourgeois division) will set the dugs on ye 

Yeah this is a good one for across Scotland, imo. The kind of folk who put on a cringeworthy Scots accent around non-Scots (either irl or on the internet) when they wouldn't normally speak like that.