What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

37 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I suppose this is why Keir Starmer didn't go in studs up.

I think all wise politicians would have been wise to hold their peace over opponents’ breaking of lockdown rules. Anyone with foresight could have ... well ... foreseen that chances were high someone in their own party would be caught out and they’d look like idiots if they tried to have double standards. Obviously the likes of Carlaw are thick as f**k, utterly lacking in foresight, and instead went in gleefully condemning the SNP without stopping to grasp the fucking obvious fact that Tories would soon be revealed to be doing the same (or worse).

Basic rule of politics - don’t go in for the kill over issues that a basic understanding of reality will tell you you’ll soon find your friends are tainted by.

5 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Starmer surely wouldn't have passed up such a good opportunity to have a go at the Tories for the sake of protecting a nonentity like Duffield.

There are more Labour MPs than just her breaking the lockdown rules, or he's another gormless, unelectable loser like Corbyn.

7F0C8ED4-1B27-49EB-848E-EB700336426E.gif

He hasn't said anything about the schools reopening and is happy to let people that openly trashed the party's chances in 2017 stay in the party as well I'm guessing he's just a bit of a coward.

Edited by NotThePars

9 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Starmer surely wouldn't have passed up such a good opportunity to have a go at the Tories for the sake of protecting a nonentity like Duffield.

There are more Labour MPs than just her breaking the lockdown rules, or he's another gormless, unelectable loser like Corbyn.

With Johnson's ratings dive bombing I don't think he's in much of a hurry for Cummings to do the right thing. Don't see why two people who believe they're both virus free shagging is such a big deal. Certainly not compared to taking your plague ridden family from the epicentre to a nearly virus free area the other end of the country.

6 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

IMG_1871.jpg

This fud? What are Edinburgh South voters thinking?

Highly popular amongst the “SNP Bad” citizens in that part of the world.

There’s no accounting for taste!

10 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I love how Labour manage to find politicians who tweet the exact things that have repeatedly caused them to become a virtual fucking irrelevance in Scotland. Incredible stuff. 

Look the voters are the idiots....this time its bound to work 

5 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

If Scottish Labour backed independence do you think they'd gain or lose support?

Neither. The only supporters they have left are those that would vote Labour regardless of what they stood for. If they thought there was any chance of taking any support away from the SNP, then they would simply pretend to back it, just to try and create a split.

If Scottish Labour backed independence do you think they'd gain or lose support?

I’m not sure that this is what’s dictating the party’s position on it and I don’t think it should be a guiding principle for the party’s position on it.

Scottish Labour will never govern in Scotland again it’s whether they want to be an effective opposition or the clown collective they are right now.