What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

5 hours ago, Glen Sannox said:

Anyone who had the misfortune of listening to Any Questions on Radio 4 last night, will have had it confirmed why there is no point in Labour anymore. An astonishingly bad performance by Labour MP Chi Onwura. Still not remotely getting why people in North East England voted Conservative. She had an absolute shitemare and was rightly ridiculed.

They talk of little else but Radio 4's 'Any Questions' in the Red Wall.

As Mixu said the switch to the Tories in those seats is reflects a change in the employment status of the electorate. 

7 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Because pensioners have been radicalised by messaging on facebook that appeals to their innate senses of xenophobia and spite. Working folk voted labour in those places.

IMG_20201010_094441.thumb.jpg.3b1f8277df8c4905b3a860d83d2956f3.jpg

I won't read 253 pages to catch up but Labour are a fucking disgrace.  The party of abstention that I used to vote for back when they actually had a purpose.  They obviously do realise that by abstaining they are actually helping the Tories.  Do they care, no they fucking don't.  Too happy taking their pay cheque every month and are living the life.

Starmer, don't get me started on that fuckwit.

At least Corby had some ideals, Sir Kier Starmer don't make me laugh!

2 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

I'm less convinced this is bad for Labour. The tories were shocked by less than dominating polling in quite a few constituencies in 2017. This was driven by young people who couldn't afford to live in central London, central Manchester, moving out into what were traditionally considered tory shires & bringing with them socially liberal views. If you make the assumption that WFH is now a permanent feature of many people's lives to the extent that they are moving in numbers from cities to rural constituencies (which they seem to be doing), that's going to change the demographics of an unknown number of places. In 5 years time with the aforementioned differential attrition rate experienced by pensioners and people in their 30s and 40s, I think there's a lot more to play for in England (perhaps also in Scotland depending on your perspective) than we might think.

Mind the boundary changes are due to come in

I won't read 253 pages to catch up but Labour are a fucking disgrace.  The party of abstention that I used to vote for back when they actually had a purpose.  They obviously do realise that by abstaining they are actually helping the Tories.  Do they care, no they fucking don't.  Too happy taking their pay cheque every month and are living the life.
Starmer, don't get me started on that fuckwit.
At least Corby had some ideals, Sir Kier Starmer don't make me laugh!

Elton John found

9 hours ago, CambieBud said:

The rant at the end, while I agree wholeheartedly, just reminded me of Elton’s rant about Madonna receiving some live act of the year award. He screamed ‘ Madonna? Best live act!!’n Don’t make me laugh!!!’
Just made me smile

See now I get it :)

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/oct/06/labour-state-violence-opposition-bill-undercover-agents?fbclid=IwAR3EMFzhGbqdqmb0zZISyasNNN2_R40olVIKGFF0UYDquTPBNUdjkzjCLSE

It may not impact us as we have control over our own policing. But make no mistake. If Labour or the Tories ever gained a foothold in Scotland, it would be happening here as well.

Edited by BawWatchin

13 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/oct/06/labour-state-violence-opposition-bill-undercover-agents?fbclid=IwAR3EMFzhGbqdqmb0zZISyasNNN2_R40olVIKGFF0UYDquTPBNUdjkzjCLSE

It may not impact us as we have control over our own policing. But make no mistake. If Labour or the Tories ever gained a foothold in Scotland, it would be happening here as well.

There should be a clear distinction between working undercover in something like the Islamic State or right wing extremists planning murder, or serious organized crime groups, and the likes of Extinction Rebellion whose most radical acts cause minor inconveniences. 

6 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

15 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Quick query: Does this bill exempt undercover agents being prosecuted under Scots law or has that been forgotten about?

Schedule 1 of the Bill makes the amendments to the Regulation of Investigatory Powers (Scotland) Act 2000.

Whilst policing is devolved, UK national security is not.

It's yet another reason to get out of the UK shitshow.

The forensic human rights lawyer isn't even capable of making a contribution on a bill to legalise state sponsored murder beyond whipping his MPs to abstain. The argument being that they'll lose anyway and don't want to be seen as weak on national security, so they should ignore the principle that the state (Food Standards Agency included) shouldn't be allowed to murder people and police shouldn't be allowed to commit crimes in the course of infiltrating trade unions. Then the Tories obviously hammer them for that weakness because they abstained anyway, which apparently Starmer forensically failed to see coming.

What's the fucking point? He's comfortably both more spineless and incompetent than Miliband.

15 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

It does happen here, some years back in Inverness we had a drugs bust concerning a few citizens, by intelligence monitoring the drug squad ascertained that one of the women was in a rocky relationship with one of the male suspects, a young undercover officer suddenly appeared at various pubs and parties the young woman attended, soon he became intimate and a confidant for her and you know how it all turned out. 

Edited by SandyCromarty