What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

8 hours ago, BTFD said:

Nice!

That Thornberry quote sounds perilously close to the naivety displayed by the Democrats in America, obsessed by playing by the rules only for the opposition to screw them over at every turn.

Although, much like America, the issue is likely more that Labour isn't really terribly fussed about right-wing policies being enacted now, and they're hoping to be able to use the Lords as an excuse for doing nothing in a few years' time.

But how can they do that when they're scrapping the House of Lords.......oh, 

On 15/06/2023 at 07:27, Suspect Device said:

But how can they do that when they're scrapping the House of Lords.......oh, 

This very day, it's announced that Smuggy Smugface Jackie Baillie is to become Dame Smuggy Smugface.

No, I know dames don't qualify for the HoL, but it's the same corrupt honours system.

1 hour ago, KirkieRR said:

This very day, it's announced that Smuggy Smugface Jackie Baillie is to become Dame Smuggy Smugface.

No, I know dames don't qualify for the HoL, but it's the same corrupt honours system.

A gong for services to Unionism ... And Gregg's 

Personally I consider it an honour that I've never been nominated for an honour 

Kuenssberg (I know, I know) said it already had. Sarwar was one of her interviewees.

All self-inflicted by the SNP. There are no posiive reasons to vote Labour in Scotland (in England I'd vote for them to get the Tories out - no other reason).

Interesting that while the SNP has shot itself repeatedly in the foot, leg, arm, head etc, Wee Wings Stu has been kicking away at the twitching corpse. His fantroop bay and cheer and await the rise of ALBA and the scond coming of Eck. But the lost votes are not going to the electorally comical ALBA, they're going to Labour.

I wonder if that was Mad Stu's aim all along.

On 18/06/2023 at 11:06, KirkieRR said:

Kuenssberg (I know, I know) said it already had. Sarwar was one of her interviewees.

All self-inflicted by the SNP. There are no posiive reasons to vote Labour in Scotland (in England I'd vote for them to get the Tories out - no other reason).

Interesting that while the SNP has shot itself repeatedly in the foot, leg, arm, head etc, Wee Wings Stu has been kicking away at the twitching corpse. His fantroop bay and cheer and await the rise of ALBA and the scond coming of Eck. But the lost votes are not going to the electorally comical ALBA, they're going to Labour.

I wonder if that was Mad Stu's aim all along.

He said he was going to vote Tory in Bath after they banned the GRR act.

45 minutes ago, Dan Steele said:

labour_clears_the_way_house_lords.jpg.9d0504b7ba0407a64aa478641ff83320.jpg

Eh, sorry, what's that you say, Tory-Lite chaps? 

Labour is reportedly devising plans to appoint dozens of peers to the House of Lords to prevent a Keir Starmer government being stymied by the upper chamber.

Who is at all surprised? Sir Kier as advised by Lord Mandelson.

Why not cut the numbers instead? It would have the same effect.

3 hours ago, Zern said:

Who is at all surprised? Sir Kier as advised by Lord Mandelson.

Why not cut the numbers instead? It would have the same effect.

They’re all c***s.

That said I’ve dropped them an email offering my services.  ‘Lord Granny of Danger’ has a ring to it.