What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

15 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

The National Galleries in Embra and London share that Three Graces sculpture six-months-about. Why not swap the Marbles in a similar way, a year in Athens, then a year in Elgin?

Think Elgin was actually a Dunfermline boy, so they should be shared between Athens and the Carnegie in the Auld Grey Toun tbf

Listened to PM question the other day, first time in a long time.  Reason being some folk were saying it's Keirs best every PMQ's

f**k me, apart from the zoo noises from the bench, how embarrassing that a Labour leader, all his questions were on migration.  If you didn't know better it sounded like the Tories were in opposition.  If that was his best, you all have no hope.

Your country is turning into a shithole, sorry to say that as I have loved ones amongst you. 

6 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Listened to PM question the other day, first time in a long time.  Reason being some folk were saying it's Keirs best every PMQ's

f**k me, apart from the zoo noises from the bench, how embarrassing that a Labour leader, all his questions were on migration.  If you didn't know better it sounded like the Tories were in opposition.  If that was his best, you all have no hope.

Your country is turning into a shithole, sorry to say that as I have loved ones amongst you. 

I noticed that too.  I've always classed migration, or at least a raging hard on for migration, as a right wing policy. So it stands to reason it comes from a right wing Labour Party.

44 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I noticed that too.  I've always classed migration, or at least a raging hard on for migration, as a right wing policy. So it stands to reason it comes from a right wing Labour Party.

What Labour should be saying: 'This Stop the Boats malarkey is dehumanising. Every boat is full of actual desperate people.'

What Labour are actually saying: 'You're rubbish at Stopping the Boats! We'd do it better!'

1 hour ago, orfc said:

You don't get that his questions were on migration because it's clearly a Tory weakness?

Anything to fit the "everyone's a Tory except me" delusion that's widespread on this sub-forum I guess

You some red shirt/yellow shirt boy? Silly fucker.

Ah, back to 'right wing Labour on migration' again, when their policy is to tackle criminal gangs exploiting vulnerable people not actually attacking the vulnerable themselves, but rather looking to also ensure that asylum seekers in the UK have proper access to equal pay, rights, and the chance to be reunited with family members.That includes doing a deal with the EU to take a quota of asylum seekers to the UK.

In other words some distance from send them to Rwanda where Sunak's own family have shady deals going in setting up detention centres 

Edited by Jedi2

21 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Thus the 'point of Labour' appears to be to slip into government and keep the seats warm until, once again, the Conservatives make themselves ready for government.

No, seems to be actually worse

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/dec/02/keir-starmer-praises-margaret-thatcher-for-bringing-meaningful-change-to-uk

There's apparently some folk who think that Starmer is just playing up to voters and will definitely not do all the shit he's said and will absolutely, definitely enact traditional Labour policies and definitely won't be a Tory.

59 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

There's apparently some folk who think that Starmer is just playing up to voters and will definitely not do all the shit he's said and will absolutely, definitely enact traditional Labour policies and definitely won't be a Tory.

Aye, I noticed Jedi's back with a new account too, and is pretending that the Tories haven't also been dressing up their xenophobic pandering as legitimate concern about people trafficking.

Most of us are too young to remember, but immigration used to be a Labour issue in the distant past, back when they were actually concerned about British workers being replaced by cheaper alternatives. The concern now is making sure that British workers become the cheaper alternative, of course.

6 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Thatcher's policies were catastrophic. That Starmer doesn't recognise that is worrying, to say the least. I see he also used the phrase "shock therapy" in a positive manner in his article. It's not looking good.

If any proof were needed, this is it. Starmer's love in with Thatcher shows how catastrophic Labour would be for Scotland. We would be utterly ignored and shafted the same as the Tories have done.

If it comes to it, I'd rather be shat upon by an independent Scottish government than a Westminster one.

These remarks on Thatcher are a measure of just how far Starmer is prepared to drag Labour rightwards in order to gain power, but what his advisers will have calculated is that in 2024 there will be a much diminished percentage of the electorate who will recall the devastation wrought on UK society from 1979 onwards.

I'm certainly one of them however, and I would advise any Scottish voter considering voting for Labour to seriously downplay their expectations - it might say 'Labour' on the tin, but the contents will almost certainly be conservatism with a small 'c'.  When the country needs Clement Attlee we'll get Ted Heath in drag.

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Regardless of what some people do or do not think you should probably concern yourself less with what other people think considering you have thoughts like this...

13 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Do dogs understand words or do they understand intent of what you say? 

To expand, if you said "dinner" or "walkies" in English your dog would understand it, but if you said it in, for example, Japanese or Swahil, would the dog understand what you mean?

^

Critical thinker in action.

6 hours ago, BFTD said:

Aye, I noticed Jedi's back with a new account too, and is pretending that the Tories haven't also been dressing up their xenophobic pandering as legitimate concern about people trafficking.

It looked to me like he was just pointing out the difference in strategy and rhetoric. 

Labour have clearly laid out plans regarding treating the smuggler's harsher etc. whilst the Tories have spent their time dreaming up scenarios of sending the poor victims to Rwanda etc.. 

Some people really overdo the both sides are the same stuff on here because it's politically convenient to themselves, it's good to have someone actually pointing out differences rather than the usual playing to the crowd stuff most do on here.