What is the point of labour ?

pawpar

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Todays Labour Party is so far removed from the principals and beliefs of the Party's Founding Fathers, Hardie, Maxwell, Jowett and MacDonald etc.

You may argue that society has moved on but the working class is still around and still being shat on by the establishment of which this Labour Party seems to be aligning itself with.

Once the Tories had been tossed in the skip, you would hope that things would improve.

However it seems that every time you use that word "hope" it leads to a slap down.

That is what I find most depressing.

The Westminster parties serve no real purpose in protecting and maintaining the general public who work to maintain their lifestyle.

Absolute multi Billions spent on leasing an American nuclear missile, billions spent on weapons to satisfy a long gone empirical status which are virtually given away which only brings resentment against the small UK and the obvious retaliation.

Meanwhile the areas which the general public see as necessary for a stable lifestyle, health and education, are being constantly financially deprived yet are continually being promised improvement which we all know is false.

A good society needs a balance between spending on taking care of their citizens and that spent on defence, the priority is obvious.

On 12/09/2024 at 18:06, invergowrie arab said:

Do you know we can all see the previous posts?

Fair f**ks for going after that particular poster on his ignorance of the benefits system though. That must have been some rush.

Oh, here comes the cavalry.  I guess you'll be along shortly to quote this post of mine about UC? 

7 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

When a Parliament in an Independent Scotland has full fiscal autonomy then, and only then, will it be legitimate to judge their financial competency.  Until then the forelock tuggers should shut the f**k up.

Posted from the EU by the Brexiteer.

2 minutes ago, strichener said:

Oh, here comes the cavalry.  I guess you'll be along shortly to quote this post of mine about UC? 

You don't get to reframe it as "did I literally post about UC?"  As I said we can all see your posts and follow the story. Particulalry the bit where you implied someone whose job is benefits advice was igonrant of the benefit system. Take the L and move on.

It's OK though the rip roaring c**t you made of the WFA payment for a couple has been glossed over because of this so see it as a score draw rather than a catastrophic embarrassment 

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Pretty sure it was Kinnock who initially proposed that.  Another despicable tosspot.

I knew you didn't like Kinnock! You were quite indifferent about him when he last came up.

His response to being asked about how he justified being elevated to the Lords was to break out a big smug smirk, which I took to mean, "this was the plan all along, dipshits".

27 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I knew you didn't like Kinnock! You were quite indifferent about him when he last came up.

His response to being asked about how he justified being elevated to the Lords was to break out a big smug smirk, which I took to mean, "this was the plan all along, dipshits".

True story.  He visited Dundee as Labour leader whilst I was a councillor.  At a civic reception myself and another guy were deliberately bypassed as he was introduced around the room in case we said something that offended him.

I was very proud of the slight that was shown towards me!

23 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

You don't get to reframe it as "did I literally post about UC?"  As I said we can all see your posts and follow the story. Particulalry the bit where you implied someone whose job is benefits advice was igonrant of the benefit system. Take the L and move on.

It's OK though the rip roaring c**t you made of the WFA payment for a couple has been glossed over because of this so see it as a score draw rather than a catastrophic embarrassment 

A very long winded way to say, "sorry I was wrong".  Unless you are trying to insinuate that UC is the only benefit available which would be really stupid.  Slip me one of your £500 notes and we'll speak no more of your nonsense.

WTF is going on here? "I'm £500 a month worse off now that I don't get Winter Fuel Payment"

Seems to have been presented completely unchallenged, like a lot of WFP stories over the past few weeks.

He added he was "not one of these supposedly rich pensioners" and felt like the government was telling him it would only help him when he was left with nothing.

This also reads as though he isn't eligible for Pension Credit due to substantial savings, rather than because he breaches the threshold due to pension/work earnings. Only savings above £10,000 are taken into account, and even then are added to earnings at a rate of £1 per week for every £500 over the limit.

I was reminded of this specious piece of guff from the Labour says Naw campaign in 2014. Even more ironic given an Independent Ireland has just announced 1000 Euros in winter fuel allowances for it's pensionsers , whilst an Energy rich Scotland ,under the dead hand of Westminster, is facing fuel poverty this winter....blood boiling  yet ?.

IMG-20240916-WA0005.jpg

Edited by I Clavdivs

3 hours ago, I Clavdivs said:

I was reminded of this specious piece of guff from the Labour says Naw campaign in 2014. Even more ironic given an Independent Ireland has just announced 1000 Euros in winter fuel allowances for it's pensionsers , whilst an Energy rich Scotland ,under the dead hand of Westminster, is facing fuel poverty this winter....blood boiling  yet ?.

IMG-20240916-WA0005.jpg

That can't be right - Ireland was well on the way to becoming a third-world country only a few years ago!

1 hour ago, I Clavdivs said:

IMG-20240916-WA0006.jpg

The Irish have their own Daily Heil?!

Bizarre to see them running their traditional NOW ANOTHER BAD THING IS HAPPENING BLOODY TYPICAL headline for something they're presumably in favour of. I take it they just can't help themselves.