England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 vs Switzerland 🇨🇭

What was the actual recorded time difference between penalty 1 and penalty 2 of the shoot-out, and why was that c**t's c**t Pickford not booked for wasting time accordingly? 

Those antics in no way excuse the abject penalty strike by the Nazi gold smuggler, but is another example on top of Bellingham's 'celebration' (v Demiral's) that rules simply are not being applied consistently or equally in this competition. 

3 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I have England in our family sweepstakes. 
Should I be making plans how to spend the money?

I'm the same but decided after the Slovakia game that it'll be getting given away should England win. Dirty blood money imo. 

5 games in and they haven't played well in 1 of them, yet get a draw of Slovakia, Switzerland and know no doubt Turkey.

Surely luck can only last so long

5 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I've got them in the work one. It's fucking mocking me. 

6 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

For any of the English lads here, is this actually that enjoyable for you? 

Surely it's clear as day that you ultimately won't win the tournament playing like this?

To be fair if Scotland were doing this I’d be lapping it up, I know you have to apply context to the strength of squads but it’s tournament football and getting through is the primary goal

7 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Yeah. 

3 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I'm the same but decided after the Slovakia game that it'll be getting given away should England win. Dirty blood money imo. 

I have England in the P&B sweepstake.

I will just pocket the cash IMO. 

Just now, Trackdaybob said:

They're gonna 'Greece' it I fear. 

Portugal shitfested it in 2016 as well. It's a recurring theme at this tournament. 

Conventional wisdom seems to be they'll lose when they play a decent team, but I'm not entirely sure about that. They now have four draws against teams that are inferior to them, needing ET/pens to beat the last two. Their approach to the game has been quite passive, but they've gone and equalised when required to do so. It's pretty damn annoying ti be honest. 

The Netherlands qualifies as a decent team - not a great one, but I think England are favourites in that game. The Dutch will attack more than England's last opponents did and I can essentially see a lot of space being opened up by pace out wide, with cutbacks into the middle of the box. 

I missed the first half, but based on what I saw after it looked like the best way to play England was to play them at their own game. Sit in, pass the ball around without much urgency and wait until someone switches off, then exploit the space. 

Just now, Ya Bezzer! said:

England have beat Serbia 1-0 and Slovakia 2-1 after extra time.  Calm down guys.

Just as well they've got Brazil 1970 in the semi final, to stop them spawning their way to a tournament victory over a 90 minute final then. 

Oh wait it's another second rate outfit, who will in all likelihood lose a few players to injuries/suspensions before that game anyway. 

It is the depth of England's squad that makes their path to the final ludicrous. 

I might jinx the current game but if it was the Netherlands, they are at least capable of scoring goals and have a few from open play.

They’ve now won two of their last ten games in 90 minutes.  Draws with North Macedonia, Slovakia, Switzerland and Slovenia and a defeat to Iceland in that run.  How they’re still in this is anyone’s guess. 

13 minutes ago, throbber said:

Akanjis penalty was a disgrace. I fucking hate when players run up to them like that as if they’re trying to make it look cool.

TBF most of the takers in that shootout had similar run ups. As long as you score it looks like a good idea.

Just now, adamntg said:

They’ve now won two of their last ten games in 90 minutes.  Draws with North Macedonia, Slovakia, Switzerland and Slovenia and a defeat to Iceland in that run.  How they’re still in this is anyone’s guess. 

Because they play sides who press them to fuck then are absolutely on the floor after 70 minutes then they just apply the squeeze and get their equaliser/winner. 

Just now, Lurkst said:

TBF most of the takers in that shootout had similar run ups. As long as you score it looks like a good idea.

Who was the player who swiped at that shot in extra time when he had about half an hour to take down and control? He should be shot.