England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Netherlands 🇳🇱

throbber

31 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

I feel ill saying this but that was a brilliant finish by Watkins, no matter what other stuff went on in the game, lovely instinctive finish.

It was an outstanding goal. His very own David Platt moment for those old enough to remember it.

The penalty was a farcical decision, never ever a penalty, very telling other than a complete simpleton like Ian Wright, not even the English studio experts thought it was a penalty. I find it hard to get too upset about it though (except when i remember we're basically out because a much more obvious penalty wasn't even referred to VAR). They were by miles the better side, certainly first half. For the first time in the tournament they looked a genuinely good side. I still think Spain will win but if England produce the first half performance again they could do it.

I'm working at coming to terms with England winning this whole thing.

Seriously, I dread it more as I get older.  It's a bit ridiculous.  If they win, nothing will actually change in my life.  Media references will be irritating, but everything irritates me anyway.

I've finished with bargaining and am aiming for acceptance.  I can do this.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Seriously, I dread it more as I get older.  It's a bit ridiculous.  If they win, nothing will actually change in my life.  Media references will be irritating, but everything irritates me anyway.

Time to empty life savings on England winning. Decent odds and enough to move to a part of Earth that has no internet or TV signal.

48 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I have a wife with English family who we're going to stay with at the end of the month.....it CANNOT happen. 

Maybe I have been burying my head in the sand but even as they have shitfested their way to the final and by a lucky draw, the first bit of quality they will meet will be their undoing.

To win a tournament you need a bit of luck and by jingo they have had it in spades.  Yes they have some very good players but i am comfortable in my thinking that Spain will empty them 3-0 when their luck runs out.

34 minutes ago, Sugar_Army said:

Maybe I have been burying my head in the sand but even as they have shitfested their way to the final and by a lucky draw, the first bit of quality they will meet will be their undoing.

To win a tournament you need a bit of luck and by jingo they have had it in spades.  Yes they have some very good players but i am comfortable in my thinking that Spain will empty them 3-0 when their luck runs out.

3 out of 4 tournaments is taking the piss though

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Ach it's only the Euros; the Forfarshire Cup of the international scene.

For the talent in their squad England really should have one a tournament by now.

However, Spain will be a very tough opponent in the final. 

My prediction, well I really don't know. However, reckon it will go to penalties and then it's a lottery who wins.

If England do win on Sunday, I don’t really care, they are due to win a tournament at some point, would rather see them win the Euros instead of the World Cup.

Over the last 15 years or so,  I have been slowly giving up with international football, between the Scotland team and some “meh” tournaments. 

They say that after a night's sleep, you'll reflect calmer on things. 

I still want to f*cking smack that horrible joke of a referee. 

4 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

Saka handballs it before Kane's shot. If the shot went in, the goal would be disallowed obviously, but should this have null and voided the penalty as well? 

Certain handball, but you could have warned me of the pish he churns before I clicked on his account. 

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

Please tell me you think England will win on Sunday. 

It's inevitable now, they've had too much luck in recent tournaments, getting some of the easiest draws to finals any nations ever had, for it not to go their way eventually.

It was a fairly entertaining game and England were the better side - I was more annoyed the game didn’t go extra time than I was about them winning it but think they were good value for a win in the 90.

Awful penalty decision but England were hammering them right from the Netherlands goal, I just can’t see them not having equalised by half time.

Second half Netherlands were good whilst the game dropped a bit and a few England players looked a bit fatigued but i can’t say it ever looked like they were going out.

Will Be a totally different game v Spain who have been the best team at tournament by far so I wouldn’t get too worried just yet. 

8 hours ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

Undoubtably. By Saturday it’ll be wall to wall inescapable shoved down our throats no getting away from. All programmes will be pointed towards the game. In an alternate universe, it would be interesting to see what coverage Scotland would get if they qualified for the final. No doubt about 10 mins before kick off.

Now I know we are all a bit numb, shell-shocked, hacked-off, pissed off and experiencing a stress nightmare come true but if you think that Scotland getting to the final would only have merited 10 minutes coverage before kick-off then you're just trying too hard to be bitter......and there really is no need, there's enough to be bitter about from this car crash of a tournament from a Scottish perspective without inventing stuff. 'How bad could It get ?' a voice in the wilderness cried out many weeks ago.....

8 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I always remind myself that my wife couldn't give a flying fck. A far healthier view of it all.