24/25 CarMatKings South Region Challenge Cup

3 hours ago, Spyro said:

So how much did you get for winning the WoSFL Cup then?

Is that pointless too? 

I'm still laughing that they made a loss due to the win bonuses, thats the best ever. 🤪.
Thank feck it wasn't Darvel, they would have been bankrupt a few years back if they hadn't been put out earlier due to their huge win bonuses

I do love the agenda in the west aimed at this cup. 

Everyone knows their club loses money in it, but have no idea about other cups. 😆😆😆😆😆😆

Convenient. 😏😏

I thought football at non league was about tradition, history, trophies; not Bank balances.

#pointless the new buzz word.

Edited by An Absolute Imposter

Taken from St.Andrews United fb.

Screenshot_20240817-074004_Facebook.thumb.jpg.601cc33ce116381ebb3339bc5c223ce9.jpg

Screenshot_20240817-073726_Facebook.jpg.03a684b7e09e0e64cb99b28c5a461b60.jpg

"absolute farce", way to put your reason across succinctly and without any ambiguity.

absolute farce = it's no the SJC.

This opens the floodgates for clubs to pick and choose what cup competitions they can be bothered playing in.

I know it already happens when clubs withdraw from semi finals cause Celt/Gers are playing or are in a euro final.

absolutely farce = Gartcairn Academy.

Definitely in the box now with Broomhill.

42 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Taken from St.Andrews United fb.

Screenshot_20240817-074004_Facebook.thumb.jpg.601cc33ce116381ebb3339bc5c223ce9.jpg

Screenshot_20240817-073726_Facebook.jpg.03a684b7e09e0e64cb99b28c5a461b60.jpg

"absolute farce", way to put your reason across succinctly and without any ambiguity.

absolute farce = it's no the SJC.

This opens the floodgates for clubs to pick and choose what cup competitions they can be bothered playing in.

I know it already happens when clubs withdraw from semi finals cause Celt/Gers are playing or are in a euro final.

absolutely farce = Gartcairn Academy.

Definitely in the box now with Broomhill.

This is ridiculous. For someone who claims to want to be at the forefront of moving our game forward to make a statement (note how the club haven't said anything) without detailing the reason why. 

Why not say something along the lines of "we feel better served by the SJC". Still would have, rightly, attracted criticism but to say nothing of note is just and "absolute farce"

I'm sure treasurers of other clubs will be disappointed at the potential gate losses with Gartcairn's massive travelling support (!)

8 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

This is ridiculous. For someone who claims to want to be at the forefront of moving our game forward to make a statement (note how the club haven't said anything) without detailing the reason why. 

Why not say something along the lines of "we feel better served by the SJC". Still would have, rightly, attracted criticism but to say nothing of note is just and "absolute farce"

I'm sure treasurers of other clubs will be disappointed at the potential gate losses with Gartcairn's massive travelling support (!)

It was said Gartcairn informed the organisers in May they didn't want to participate. The WoSFL AGM wasn't until June. Unless there's a crystal ball in Airdrie there was/is a rule in the WoSFL constitution saying they would have to participate.

image.png.91b3c14d0ff15ba5dae5d761f74f4d12.png

Crystal ball was a bit of a duffer as any rule change wouldn't apply until 2025-26 from what's been said.

28 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It was said Gartcairn informed the organisers in May they didn't want to participate. The WoSFL AGM wasn't until June. Unless there's a crystal ball in Airdrie there was/is a rule in the WoSFL constitution saying they would have to participate.

image.png.91b3c14d0ff15ba5dae5d761f74f4d12.png

Crystal ball was a bit of a duffer as any rule change wouldn't apply until 2025-26 from what's been said.

So his statement re not having to participate is an outright lie.

Classy guy, classy club.

2 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Spot on! 

Someone from Gartcairn calling something “an absolute farce” is clearly lacking any self awareness.

I understand folk saying Talbot didn't lose out as they had multiple home ties etc, but the rules were a shambles for the SCC a few years ago. The fact that 2 teams contested a final at a senior ground with a decent crowd and recieved nothing in either gate receipts or prize money was a farce, as was the home team keeping all the gate money in earlier rounds. I'm at a loss as to how anyone ever thought that was acceptable for a cup competition, never mind one widely touted as being the biggest at our level. Thankfully changes have been made now.

On 16/08/2024 at 12:38, FairWeatherFan said:

Couple other games stood out to me for potential upset.

AWR v. Broxburn: AWR had a couple of back to back promotions. Season might not have started as they'd like, but at home and used to winning.

Glasgow United v. Stirling University: Uni teams can be a mixed bag at this time of year. Glasgow United do have goals in them thanks to their favourite sex offender.

So close

AWR 3-3 Broxburn with Broxburn winning 3-4 in extra time

Glasgow United 5-3 Stirling University.