One Dimension: the EOS First Division 2024-25

image.png.35facca1cef3ad30c25d659a6cc04266.png

Probably the most competitive tier once again with Camelon and Newtongrange who narrowly missed out upon promotion last time out joined by the likes of Crossgates and Inverkeithing from above plus Bo'ness Athletic and Thornton from below who will all look to challenge. Down the other end Lochore have circled the drain but survived for 2 seasons running among a pack of clubs to whom Kinnoull and Edinburgh South are added to an intriguing mix.

Opening fortnight:

image.thumb.png.73094d03a1e19d9bfc7193f275ebf57e.png

Festive derbies:

image.png.3581d91c836d276ba1c6ceba02f3c2d1.png

Closing fortnight:

image.png.83227b028751959d6d9776f35c7f7b8e.png

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, ParkTheBusFitbaPod said:

https://parkthebusfitbapodcast.buzzsprout.com/1595431/15435321-east-of-scotland-preview

Here is our East of Scotland Preview.

Goes into the 4 divisons 

Please be kind

Confidence oozing through on big spending Camelon. :o

Have Leith still got their goalscoring machine?

Not long now folks

A league that will be amazing to follow this season again

Boness athletic everyones favourite seem the team to beat, Thornton gave them 1 hell of a chase Last season 

Edited by the tin man

4 hours ago, Winner said:

Edinburgh South v Lochore Welfare has been switched to Saughton Enclosure tomorrow due to maintenance work at Paties Road. 

One for the groundhoppers I suppose. 

I wonder what the maintenance work is... 

9 hours ago, Winner said:

Edinburgh South v Lochore Welfare has been switched to Saughton Enclosure tomorrow due to maintenance work at Paties Road. 

Hope the pitch is better than when my daughter’s U14 team played there a couple of months ago, she said it was the worst grass pitch she had seen in a long time.

The season begins... first league match for the season and Bo'ness Athletic comfortably beat Kirkcaldy 4-1.

A decent game and fairly competitive, although Athletic were worthy winners in the end and got stronger as the game went on.

Kirkcaldy looked decent in the first half, but as Bo'ness got in front, they started to fade a bit. Got themselves a well taken consolation goal at the end.

Bo'ness should have it a bit tougher this season, but seeing them tonight, they still look like they'll be too much for a number of sides so will be another decent season for them.

It's good to have the proper fitba back!

Edited by Jordi1977

11 hours ago, Jordi1977 said:

The season begins... first league match for the season and Bo'ness Athletic comfortably beat Kirkcaldy 4-1.

A decent game and fairly competitive, although Athletic were worthy winners in the end and got stronger as the game went on.

Kirkcaldy looked decent in the first half, but as Bo'ness got in front, they started to fade a bit. Got themselves a well taken consolation goal at the end.

Bo'ness should have it a bit tougher this season, but seeing them tonight, they still look like they'll be too much for a number of sides so will be another decent season for them.

It's good to have the proper fitba back!

Every year you think Athletic are going to find their level and spend a season getting used to the league, but they have put a marker down right away that they will challenge. Did they get any sort of crowd?

7 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Every year you think Athletic are going to find their level and spend a season getting used to the league, but they have put a marker down right away that they will challenge. Did they get any sort of crowd?

About 150 last night

22 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

They will definitely be up near the top, but likely be in the mix with Camelon, Whitburn and another couple that are building for a good season. They may win it or be promoted, but not be as far clear of others this time.

Was quite a decent crowd in, helped by being the first and only league match of the new season on last night, so a few recognisable groundhoppers were in.

6 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

They will definitely be up near the top, but likely be in the mix with Camelon, Whitburn and another couple that are building for a good season. They may win it or be promoted, but not be as far clear of others this time.

Was quite a decent crowd in, helped by being the first and only league match of the new season on last night, so a few recognisable groundhoppers were in.

Whitburn are in the Premier Division Jordi  .......😉

1 minute ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Whitburn are in the Premier Division Jordi  .......😉

Shhhh... I almost sounded like I knew what I was talking about! Just keep schtum and no one will notice....

Just now, Jordi1977 said:

Shhhh... I almost sounded like I knew what I was talking about! Just keep schtum and no one will notice....

Lol,being a Downdie,I wasn't letting you off the hook wae that one mate 😉😂

Aw the best in the LL this season 😎

With Top 3 to aim for they should be a safe bet for promotion, but end up being more challenging on Bo'ness Athletic than the last couple of seasons.

No obvious cannon fodder and teams that could take points off anyone on any given day.

33 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Lol,being a Downdie,I wasn't letting you off the hook wae that one mate 😉😂

Aw the best in the LL this season 😎

Cheers! And thank goodness for my sake we're in the Lowland... just 1 division for me to keep track off!

I see Whitburn have just signed Callum Bremner from us. Should be a very solid signing! A bit surprised to see him go.

Preston should have won today, they played some great stuff at times but a combination of wasteful finishing, mistakes, poor goalkeeping and a brilliant performance from the Kinnoull number 1 saw them lose 4-3. 

On 26/07/2024 at 06:54, Winner said:

Due to pitch relaying work over-running Heriot-Watt Uni will be using the indoor stadium until the end of August: started v Camelon yesterday.