El Final: 🇪🇸 Spain v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

ClydeTon

16 minutes ago, Cheese said:

English boy in the staff canteen told me he has the 'authority to refuse service to any member of staff' after I innocently enquired if paella was on the menu today.

Did you ask him for a pint of tears after that?

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

Did you ask him for a pint of tears after that?

Nah, picked up a packet of chorizo flavoured crisps though.

Interesting that so many England fans think the young players or the players on the bench are better than the 'old boys'.

Callum Gallagher 18/0

Ivan Toney 6/1

Anthony Gordon 4/0

Jarrod Bowen 10/0

Eberechi Eze 7/0

Kobbie Main 9/0

Ollie Watkins 15/4

Cole Palmer 9/2

You take Harry Kane out that team there really isn't a lot of goals.  Next best are....

Bukayo Saka 40/12

Jude Bellingham 36/5

Phil Foden 41/4

Was almost starting to struggle to remember why I was... not even so much rooting for Spain but for England to be put in their place.

Is it delusion? Is it a desperate desire, post Empire, to be able to have a particular player to look at and go "LOOK! LOOK AT HIM! HE'S THE UNDISPUTED #1!" given they can't reliably win major trophies as a team? More cynically, do they do this with ulterior motives to boost marketability for e.g. merch sales, acting almost as advertisers?

There were similar with Rooney (who did have a few exceptional seasons with Man Utd but was always at least a tier below Messi/Ronaldo) & I think Theo Walcott was *briefly* hyped up after getting called to the squad at a very young age, before having a decent but not truly elite career. Wilshere got overhyped too, I'm sure.

Puff pieces like this are just absurd.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/extra/wnsbc2uwiq/boy-prince-bellingham-ready-for-biggest-stage

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

2 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

That looks utterly horrendous! How much do people shell out to watch a game in a warehouse full of unbearable attention seekers?

*Shudder*

Not that I'm complaining about them voluntarily offering themselves up for a fucking good point and laugh session of course :lol:

£42(forty two)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13627569/Fan-reaction-BoxPark-tickets-price-Euro-2024-final-England-Spain.html

I looked that up expecting the answer to be something like £25, based on that the fanzone at EEP for the Scotland games was £15 but forty two fucking quid! 

To be fair to Bellingham, the last 12 years of his life has probably been a mixture of people doing everything for him and people telling him he is going to be the best.

Probably most people would start to turn in that scenario.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Went out this morning, started up the car, and the music on the attached USB was on shuffle. I swear this song came on, and even before the end of the first verse, I thought, jeez, it’s a lament for Gareth Southgate. As the song went on, I amended one line, which I began singing too loudly to myself.

Ladeeez and gennelmenn, I give you ‘Canter’ (amended) by Gerry Cinnamon…

Kindly f**k off. 

Just now, Alert Mongoose said:

To be fair to Bellingham, the last 12 years of his life has probably been a mixture of people doing everything for him and people telling him he is going to be the best.

Probably most people would start to turn in that scenario.

He's somehow internalised that into the world having an agenda and constantly putting obstacles in his way though, which is in fact abnormal. 

He is to football what Lewis Hamilton is to Formula 1. 

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

He's somehow internalised that into the world having an agenda and constantly putting obstacles in his way though, which is in fact abnormal. 

Either that or people have stopped telling him that and he is taking it like most under-matured adults.

42 English pounds to stand in a warehouse and get showered in Carling and salty tears ?

Not trying to kink shame here, but that's weird.

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

42 English pounds to stand in a warehouse and get showered in Carling and salty tears ?

Not trying to kink shame here, but that's weird.

Be like a fucking sauna too I bet. Fuck that.

The rumours of Bellingham being an unpopular arsehole in the dressing room is a lovely wee chaser to last night's events.

I'm getting 'quits international football in the huff aged 26' vibes.

24 minutes ago, virginton said:

The whole English mentality is one of a great destiny sabotaged by camp traitors and foreigners.  

3 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

I have given myself a grade 3 ankle sprain celebrating Spain's winner.

Worth it.

I was mid piss in the pub. So if everyone could thank me for Spain’s winning goal, that’d be great.

255.jpeg