El Final: 🇪🇸 Spain v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

ClydeTon

28 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Bellingham comes across as a complete bell end.
Although if he destroys the morale in the England team then he's alright in my opinion.

I didn't know much about Bellingham's character prior to the Euros. Before the tournament started I heard a pundit eulogising him as basically a saint - well brought up, respectful, helpful and supportive of his colleagues, well liked, modest, model professional, excellent role model etc.

Didn't come across that way during the tournament.

7 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Utterly stunned to learn that Bellingham is an extremely dislikable character off the pitch too. 

Obviously less gracious than Dykes in accepting the nickname ‘big Linda’ 

41 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Did they really play that much better after Kane went off though?

Lot of blame getting put at one player's door here.

Yes

39 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

When for creating chances start becoming ‘creating moments’. I’ve heard it sneak into pundit’s vocabularies in the last year or two watching the Barclays. 

What happened to that thread regarding low block , high pressure , TRANSITIONING , etc

42 minutes ago, Thumper said:

They should still be singing Three Lions in the year 3124.

Best thing that c**t Baddiel has ever been involved in. Imagine if our main anthem explicitly tied us to 1978 for the rest of time.

An indication of things to come

44 minutes ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

Watching the Spanish goals again (magic) and I keep wondering where Pickford is going for the 2nd goal. Happy he thought the boy wasn’t getting on the end of the ball but poor keeping. 😀

Agreed 

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

In terms of sour grapes nothing will ever beat Lawrenson's full 25 minutes of impotent rage during the Germany pumping. My three-year-old acts with more grace when he's not allowed another ice lolly.

I swear there must be some green dot rationing in place right now. Never shot my load as fast.

What a ****

He played for Ireland

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

My favourite from the same game

It was a goal

1 hour ago, miketheheadlesschicken said:

2 hours ago, throbber said:

Why has the jay slater case become humorous?

Sickos

3 hours ago, Elixir said:

neville.png neville.png neville.png neville.png neville.png

Went out this morning, started up the car, and the music on the attached USB was on shuffle. I swear this song came on, and even before the end of the first verse, I thought, jeez, it’s a lament for Gareth Southgate. As the song went on, I amended one line, which I began singing too loudly to myself.

Ladeeez and gennelmenn, I give you ‘Canter’ (amended) by Gerry Cinnamon…

This is the beginning of the rest of your life
You better start movin' like you're running out of time
The realization coming over your mind
That it should be a canter
If you could just find the answer
You know it could be a canter
If you were just a wee bit less of a w****r
More than half ae' the time
You better start graftin' 'cause you're running out of time
The roof is on fire and it's raining outside
But it should be a canter
Because the hardest part of the game
Is taking off Foden & Kane
It's caring enough to care about the things that you're daein'
Oh, it's a wee crying shame
Here comes the rain
You better start graftin' 'cause you're running out of time
The roof is on fire and it's raining outside
But it should be a canter
They tell you it's no easy
They tell you that it's hard
They say it's impossible to mend a broken heart
The lead role in a tragedy pretending that it's art
And it's hard to see the finish when you don't know where to start
I could write a stanza and put you in a song
Detail all the times when you were right and I was wrong
Flashbacks to the only place I've felt like I belong
You'll never be a king when you're acting like a pawn
Because the hardest of the game
Is taking off Foden & Kane
It's caring enough to care about playin' the game
Oh, it's a wee crying shame
Here comes the rain

51 minutes ago, Pocketman said:

up there in my favourites with this reaction to a "goal" from the sharp and unapologetic Jonathon Pearce (ably supported by Keown). 

Despite VAR 1. checking whether the ball had crossed the line immediately after hitting the post and 2. separate to that, subsequently checking whether the ball had crossed the line after coming off the goalie's hand, Pearce considered this sequence of events to be utterly baffling. And then he double-down on his dim-wittedness to attempt to save face. "Oh, they have changed their minds now".

Add him to the thousands of other reasons why we pish ourselves laughing when England get pumped. 

I remember this Pearce magnificence well. Even better was the fact that he brought it up again several days later during another game - he hadn't even worked it out having had several days to think about it off microphone! 

6 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Anyway, the only other real question I can be arsed asking about them is about Declan Rice… how much did Arsenal actually pay for him? Jesus wept.

Playing for the Arsenal he glides through games and goes from back to front with great athleticism. A high class midfielder.

But truth be told he has been honking all tournament. Looks like he is pulling a tractor and has his laces tied together.   It's a mystery why he got so much game time  .......well I say Mystery when I mean Southgate.

10 hours ago, Daddy Cheeze said:

The rig I'm on they all disappeared 90 seconds after full time to their cabins to cry into their crocs. Today's gonna be a good day 👌

Already got one in the huff over dinner for having the sheer gall to highlight it was another case of England crumbling at the first encounter with a similarly ranked team.

"Speaking of (apple) crumble..."

Pointed out the 'even Scotland could get 1-1 with Switzerland in 90' minutes only to get the gradual, "yeah, but Switzerland had qualified by then".  No they hadn't. "well, they rested players then". 🤔

I remember a few years ago - it might have been during Rangers v Dortmund - Bellingham was getting praised for his character/leadership because as a teenager was going ballistic at one of his teammates for not being able to pass the ball. While I won't pretend to understand the psychology of elite footballers, I thought that it just made him look like an immature bellend. 

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Bellingham comes across as a complete bell end.
Although if he destroys the morale in the England team then he's alright in my opinion.

I said before the final that I thought Kane was holding England back.  Judging by his reply I don’t think @Monkey Tennis agreed with me.  Everyone sees football differently so nothing wrong with that.  I just thought Kane was incredibly slow, lacking intelligent runs and constantly dropping too deep.  I can’t help but think if Kane was anyone other than the captain and elder statesman of the squad, or the manager was more dominant, Kane would have been dropped well before the final.

30 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

He'll be quite far off.

He'll be almost 35.

Haha, had a nightmare there - it should of course read World Cup. And it should be near 33, not 32 as well!

Just caught up with this. Still can't dish out greenies. I'll just have to come back later I guess. 

17 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Playing for the Arsenal he glides through games and goes from back to front with great athleticism. A high class midfielder.

But truth be told he has been honking all tournament. Looks like he is pulling a tractor and has his laces tied together.   It's a mystery why he got so much game time  .......well I say Mystery when I mean Southgate.

Not really.  He plays for a top four team in the best league the universe has ever seen and therefore he must be head and shoulders above anybody else.