El Final: 🇪🇸 Spain v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

ClydeTon

5 hours ago, Red Kite said:

We just weren't good enough and even when the equaliser went in, I  felt certain we would lose.  Spain's midfield were better at getting into space and holding their line to receive the ball, not dropping back.  The best team in the competition won.  Congratulations to Spain.

You should have played a left winger instead of trying to force Jude and Foden into the same team. 

54 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Gerry Cinnamon is shite.

Go stand in the corner and think about your life choices.

Taylor Swift >>>>>> Gerry Cinnamon. 

Spoiler

IMG_8574.gif.a029285b24860abdd29355538244cae0.gif

3 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Has this been done?

"Noo Ivan Toney's scoring no look penatlies" 

55 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

I know Terry McDermott's nephew, having worked with him for a few years, and as expected is as diehard Liverpool fan as they come.  He was actively posting on Social media yesterday about wanting Spain to win. He'll always say he's "Scouse, not English".

Yeah there appears to be a lot of that going on - Hillsborough being a main contributory factor. Fair play to the scousers I say. 

2 hours ago, Cheese said:

The rumours of Bellingham being an unpopular arsehole in the dressing room is a lovely wee chaser to last night's events.

I'm getting 'quits international football in the huff aged 26' vibes.

Its probably been mentioned but I'm about 30 pages behind and I'm not reading them all.

But it was widely reported a year or so ago that he was hated in the Dortmund dressing room and they all wanted him gone before he did eventually leave. Suggestions were he would purposely put himself into the centre of attention (example given that Haaland started getting special chants from fans after game, so Bellingham started doing a second celebration with fans on his own after Haaland was gone), that he spent a lot of the game focusing on looking good if he felt he was being overshadowed by someone elses performance, and that he was given a "leadership" role because he was weasel-y around the manager but then never actually helped lead when things were going wrong.

Considering all three things were evident with England during the tournament, it feels like it might be true?

If it is he won't survive long at Real Madrid. No player will ever be bigger than that club and even Ronaldo got heaved the moment his quality dropped even a touch. 

22 hours ago, Michael W said:

They stink the place out. It's a variation of Brexitball. However, it has been effective for them until tonight. 

I don't expect them to play like Spain, because they don't have the players to do so. Let's not forget that Pedri and Gavi were injured, and Rodri was out the second half. Even without some first picks, Spain play a way that England cannot. There was only one team that was really trying to win that game and it wasn't England. 

Too many of their so-called talents just didn't show up. Harry Kane was pish yet again and, not for the first time, they were a better team when he wasn't on the pitch. Wonderboy Bellingham again didn't step up to the plate and where has Phil Foden been all tournament? Nothing at all like his season at City - was that a purple patch, or is it yet another player that's been ruined by Guardiola? 

Wouldn't say Foden has been ruined by Pep, more a case of Pep knowing how to use him properly. Almost as if Pep knows what he's doing as a football manager

11 hours ago, pozbaird said:

On reflection, as a football match, Luke Shaw and Jordan Pickford had superb games. Shaw cannot be anywhere near match fit, but he certainly didn’t look his usual three or four pounds podgy, and was up against a 16 year old flying machine. I thought Shaw did brilliantly. As did the unlikeable Pickford. Calmly plucked crosses out of the air, made at least two or three top drawer saves, and kept his team in it. The rest of them were shit. The subs’ were much better, Palmer scored, just as Watkins had done previously. Quite why Southgate persisted with a tactic of being shite, then asking his subs to save the day, is frankly beyond me.

Anyway, the only other real question I can be arsed asking about them is about Declan Rice… how much did Arsenal actually pay for him? Jesus wept.

Rice is the personification of why they will never win a tournament. The EPL hype machine forcing his price tag over 100m for a very limited footballer. Lacks vision, technical ability and is thoroughly incapable of retaining possession or recycling it effectively. He is in effect a classic old school spoiler with "a great engine" masquerading as a midfield general. Compare to Rodri or Zubemendi it's laughable, they are on a completely different stratosphere.