El Final: 🇪🇸 Spain v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

ClydeTon

14 minutes ago, throbber said:

I don’t think any of these guys watch much football outside of England. Tbh I don’t see a problem with it, they’re paid to watch English football and it’s the league they are most interested in. You can’t have extensive knowledge of numerous leagues as there are only so many hours you can watch football for. They will probably do a crash course on a few of the best players to look out for on each team and take it from there.

I don’t think the media coverage was that bad at all and they didn’t come across as insufferable to the point I had to turn tv off. I actually think they put on a conscious effort not to irritate viewers in Scotland wales and NI due to complaints over the years. I remember how disgusted Gary Neville was over the penalty decision v Netherlands for example. Ian wright is definitely a token idiot however.

I think that was more the fact that it was one of the most ridiculous penalty decisions anyone had ever seen.

1 hour ago, Girth said:

Penas is the most boring man alive.

In other news, even as English chap I'm just glad this international shite is over. The amount of creatures who only come out for these games (never support their local club or anything else) is insane. They're not proper fans. 

Bring on the domestic season ASAP. 

Spain were leagues ahead and deserved to win. England limped across the line in every game playing negative dull football. 

Thank you. 

The domestic season has started.

Not really a surprise he's quit. Did a far better job than his predecessors, yet received an unwarranted amount of abuse from some very entitled and moronic people. 

3 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Not really a surprise he's quit. Did a far better job than his predecessors, yet received an unwarranted amount of abuse from some very entitled and moronic people. 

Whilst factually correct, it also helped that he has a far superior squad at his disposal, and some borderline criminal luck of the draws in his tenure.

22 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I think that was more the fact that it was one of the most ridiculous penalty decisions anyone had ever seen.

Well yes but if they go in your favour you may say something like “these things balance out over a tournament” or what ever. 

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Whilst factually correct, it also helped that he has a far superior squad at his disposal, and some borderline criminal luck of the draws in his tenure.

Previous managers were eliminated in the group stages of WC2014 and by Iceland at Euro 2016. 

The luck of the draw is one thing, but he avoided the banana skins and did what he needed to. They were always just beaten by a better team in their exits under him and avoided embarassments. They were crap to watch, right enough, but his achievements are difficult to argue with.