El Final: 🇪🇸 Spain v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

ClydeTon

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I don't think that fan reaction vid is even that good. I can't buy any of them as actual football fans. I'd much rather hear the despondency of the actual commentators. None of these vloggers are serious people. Fake despair. 

Also, the Cole Palmer celebration has been allowed to slip under the radar way too much for me. Its horrific cringe. 

Them losing on penalties 3 years ago was far more funnier.  The sheer rage after the 3 shite ones from Rashford, Sancho and Saka was glorious.  I think they kind of knew/expected Spain would win on Sunday. This is my favourite vlog of that day.

4 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I don't think I'd like to play in front of him, he constantly wears the expression of someone who's just seen his train pulling out of the station, having gone to the wrong platform originally.

If that Slovakian boy's shot from the halfway line had gone in I'd love to see who he would have blamed.

David Marshall for giving him the idea.....

Bellendingham for SPOTY? Gareth Waistcoat for SPOTY Coach of the Year? The FREE LOYINS squad collectively for SPOTY Team of the Year?

Don't rule it out. Look how potty the BBC SPOTY went when their women won the Euros.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Them losing on penalties 3 years ago was far more funnier.  The sheer rage after the 3 shite ones from Rashford, Sancho and Saka was glorious.  I think they kind of knew/expected Spain would win on Sunday. This is my favourite vlog of that day.

I was actually wondering which of the two finals had a better post match outcome for anyone that dislikes England.

I was more worried about them winning this one as I thought their in match luck would continue and would not lose two out of two.

When Italy beat Spain last time I was more confident they would beat England with the coming home stuff and all that which over the years has always galvanized italians. I remember the Germans did similar thing in 2006 prior to the semi and we know how that ended.

51 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

Bellendingham for SPOTY? Gareth Waistcoat for SPOTY Coach of the Year? The FREE LOYINS squad collectively for SPOTY Team of the Year?

Don't rule it out. Look how potty the BBC SPOTY went when their women won the Euros.

Who gives a f**k about Sports Personality of the Year?

8 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Who gives a f**k about Sports Personality of the Year?

Well, I never watch it, but as it's self-generated 'news' by the BBC, it's covered by all their programmes that should be covering actual news. So you can't avoid it.

2 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

Well, I never watch it, but as it's self-generated 'news' by the BBC, it's covered by all their programmes that should be covering actual news. So you can't avoid it.

You can't be trying hard enough.

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Why is he impersonating Freddie Mercury ?

10 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

If that Slovakian boy's shot from the halfway line had gone in I'd love to see who he would have blamed.

The Englishman who passed it straight to the Slovakian boy in question I'd have thought.

I can't remember who it was, but it would genuinely have been his fault much more than the goalkeeper's.

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

That video with the boy in the pink top and fishnets is worse than the holocaust.

Yesterday I learned that the home and training base of the riot police in Bavaria is the Dachau concentration camp.

I just thought that was... something.

Does anyone think they are a danger at the 2026 world cup?

I think they will be crap at this one, either out in the groups or R16 providing they get one of Carsley, Potter or Howe.

One of these will then resign and out of desperation they will hire Guardiola. They will be dangerous at Euro 2028 which they will host.

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

Does anyone think they are a danger at the 2026 world cup?

I think they will be crap at this one, either out in the groups or R16 providing they get one of Carsley, Potter or Howe.

One of these will then resign and out of desperation they will hire Guardiola. They will be dangerous at Euro 2028 which they will host.

I think they're done for a generation, they're broken. They won't come this close for a long time.