El Final: 🇪🇸 Spain v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

ClydeTon

World In Motion is ace and the John Barnes rap lives on.

Three Lions 96 is just a typical footy pop song and should have been left alone.  Lightning Seeds are pure pop, which is not to everyone's taste.  However, Ian Broudie was in legendary Liverpool punk band Big In Japan, has produced Echo and the Bunnymen, co-written songs with folk like Terry Hall and made a load of cash from Match Of The Day.  He is a good live act.  Fair play to him.

Frank Skinner can be amusing and reminds me of a comic you would book for a 1970s stag do.

David Baddiel is a lucky get because he is married to the incredible Morwenna Banks.

Just now, Cheese said:

Close call as to what is worse, Baddiel or that National front page.

If youre an honest person, that sort of patter should be held in the same contempt as yer average Daily Mail/Express front page. Brutal. 

36 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I also like Frank Skinner and find David Baddiel irritating.

Baddiel is repentant over Jason Lee though.  He's met with him and apologised.  To call him thick is also a bit daft.  He's not.

He is thick as f**k. 

He is only repentant as far as selling his TV show goes.

Apology took far too long

9 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It's like when he won the golden boot at the World Cup.

3 penalties, a header from 2 yards, a tap-in from 2 yards and a deflection off his horsey arse.

If it were up to me I would not include penalties when working out the highest goal scorer in any tournament.  

I think it gives an unfair advantage to players who dominate the team, either through being the captain, being the manager’s favourite etc. 

Theoretically you could have the situation where the top goal scorer in a tournament is a goalkeeper.  I don’t think that’s a fair reflection on who is the best goal scorer in a tournament.  

Just my opinion of course.

39 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

image.thumb.png.a82e2d0676a3a95b904bea4a13494aa6.png

3 minutes ago, Big Bobo said:

That can't be real. If so that is so embarrassing.  

It is certainly on the BBC newspaper review so I can only assume it is.

A front page that surely rivals anything the Daily Star has ever produced. 

10 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

He is thick as f**k. 

He is only repentant as far as selling his TV show goes.

Apology took far too long

It did take too long, but I think it was sincere when it arrived.  He also tried to address the delay.

Why do you insist that he's thick though?

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

It did take too long, but I think it was sincere when it arrived.  He also tried to address the delay.

What was his excuse for the delay?

12 hours ago, cyderspaceman said:

I trust any ABE types on here would refuse to take the proposed "bank holiday" if they win. (if it's UK wide...):)

I'm retired... but I'll put in an extra shift in the garden on Monday if Spain lose.  🥵

I feel a bit feart I've got it wrong and will have an awkward "why didn't you clock on" on Tuesday, but Monday is a bank holiday for me already, I've got it off?

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Because he says stupid things all the time?

If that front page is real, then The National is guilty of that maddening thing of conflating the notions of Britishness and Englishness.  There's an irony in there.

Scottish people, as well as others from the UK, are, in my experience guilty of all the items in that list of things English people do.

15 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'd suggest he's letting his dislike influence his opinion .

Baddiel is an English graduate from Cambridge, an author, a writer etc and is certainly not thick.

His apology did take too long but he has shown genuine regret.

Edited by Arthur Orton

2 minutes ago, Arthur Orton said:

I'd suggest he's letting his dislike get in the way of his feelings.

Baddiel is English graduate from Cambridge, an author, a writer etc is certainly not thick.

Yes, that's very much the case.

Resorting to calling him thick is kind of silly.  Baddiel is rather a tool, but he's clearly an intelligent man.