El Final: 🇪🇸 Spain v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

ClydeTon

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Do you think Spain are uttering the phrase, 'Why do we never fucking make it easy?' that we all on P&B do with our club teams? But in Spanish, naturally.

I like to think there is a Spain and Real Madrid fan in the crowd complaining to those around him that his teams 'never do it the easy way'. 

It's mental how many decent keepers have became infamous for England making absolute fucking howlers.

They have someone that's genuinely shite and not a patch on those said keepers and even gets called t-rex but performs out of his skin for England.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Do you think Spain are uttering the phrase, 'Why do we never fucking make it easy?' that we all on P&B do with our club teams? But in Spanish, naturally.

You know they only speak "Spanish" for the tourists?

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's only when you actually listen that you realise how deep the shite commentary runs.

Alan Shearer, 'England are a moments team. Who's gonna give them that moment now? Someone needs to step up for a moment.'

I genuinely burst out laughing... for a moment.

A while back I reckoned commentary teams have a sound bite list of phrases in front of them and they use them as and when they think the can. Phrasing is so obvious. 

1 minute ago, A Diamond For Me said:

Imagine how good a piper could be with the random extra fingers AI gives them.

6 on the left and no thumb for the high A. Would be shite 

1 minute ago, rainbowrising said:

A while back I reckoned commentary teams have a sound bite list of phrases in front of them and they use them as and when they think the can. Phrasing is so obvious. 

Hm, interesting.  An application of the famous Parry-Lord hypothesis of oral formulaic composition-in-performance which they develped from fieldwork with village bards in Yugoslavia. 

Just now, Rugster said:

Fucking hate 1-0 

As a Dundee supporter, I'd like to state that I also fucking hate 2-0.

But as a one night Spain supporter, I'll take what I can get.