El Final: 🇪🇸 Spain v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

ClydeTon

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Fcking wild that Kane was joint top goalscorer considering he was super boosted 3 times and failed to have a shot on target in any of them. p***k has cost me £30

Should’ve stuck a grand on Spain to lift the trophy imo. 

You_Doodle_2024-07-14T23_08_29Z.thumb.jpeg.42c2027abcaa6afd07989b0c2525a014.jpeg

1 minute ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Talk sport is smashing right now. 

Nigel and Harry blubbering all over the shop. 

Someone just said:

‘Spain aren’t great. Olmo plays for Leipzig! We have class players in every position.’

Meant to say earlier that at the end of the ITV broadcast he said that this hurts more than any of their previous defeats. I'm a bit surprised, I mean it's the first time they've ever won a semi away from England, but if you want to make it easy for us...

27 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Gareth Southgate will have his own podcast within the next couple of years, it'll be the same shite as the Jake Humphrey/Steven Bartlett podcasts

Jake Humphrey? He still exists? I had forgotten the drearily excitable wee EPL fanboy.

Glory Glory Boabby MacIntyre !

I spared myself from the gut -churning commentary ......and watched the final round of The Scottish Open.

So glad I did.

" NO BOBBY NO PARTY.......... gaun yersel Robert. Superb!!!

2 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

IMG_2701.thumb.jpeg.fb115bf74ea11eb35d269cba74016c44.jpeg

He's just come to the realisation England are never going to win anything again. 

Third loudest cheer of the night in our house when he shook Prince William's mitt afterwards.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

My sincere take is that it was England's worst tournament under Southgate. Good for about 20-30 minutes against Serbia, 45 v Netherlands and OK first halves against Spain and Switzerland. They've been second-best for the rest of it (though I admittedly didn't watch the Slovenia game). 

I thought that the FA made the right decision in keeping Southgate on after the World Cup (and yes, they were right in our eyes etc etc), as that quarter-final against France was the first time they actually played well against a good side in a tournament and guys like Saka and Bellingham were becoming mainstays. However, in hindsight that should've been the end, and this tournament will go down as a massive missed opportunity with some of the very best talents in the world being reduced to not even a full game's worth of good football. 

In contrast, it's hard to not love this Spain team - despite how Euro 2024 started. Two wonderful wingers, probably the best player in the world, a daft old b*****d at the back and Olmo and Ruiz who'll be placed in a future Football Cliches Pure Euros XI. Also a manager who was plucked from the youth teams to facilitating the best football we've seen at a tournament in a while - especially from a winning team. Despite how shite the tournament's been, I'm sure we'll remember this side

and their only loss in the whole competition , ie qualifying 

1 hour ago, SEETHING said:

NEVER IN DOUBT. 

Absolutely DELIGHTED to deliver a hearty "get it right fucking round you" to (1) England, (2) those who wish England well, (3) Glasgow Rangers and (4) all the "ooh we'd best just come to terms with the fact they're winning this" shitebags in this very thread.

They were always going to lose; the manner in which they lost was extremely pleasing. 

I forgot about 3 )

1 hour ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

All this magnificent talent apparently but they've still won fewer Euros than Denmark and Greece

We should not forget this either

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Dawning on the BBC pundits at the end there that Harry Kane is an utter fraud in big games. They looked much better in all the games they subbed him and it just seemed to go under the radar, with Southgate getting the praise for making the right subs at the right time. 

He conned a penalty for them

2 hours ago, The Master said:

2 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Didn't want England to win but I think the criticise of Southgate and the free pass the players have been given is pretty disgraceful.

At the end of the day players didn't perform and if England had won I don't think they would have had a single player in the team of the tournament.

No defenders , goalie ?