West Premier 2024-25 predictions

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

Hopefully pal. In the middle of moving house/location so let me see how things are when I get there 👍

Nice one, always a good way to rid myself of those pesky tenners 

Top 6

Beith

St Cadocs

Auchinleck Talbot

Johnstone Burgh

Clydebank

Pollok

I think will be at least 8 teams (these 6 plus Cumnock & Darvel) with a genuine goal of winning the league.

Bottom 4

Drumchapel

Glenafton

Shotts

Benburb

Bottom 4 just going off last season & players leaving especially for Benburb. I could see Hurlford getting dragged into a relegation battle this season but should have enough to stay out bottom 3...

45 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Top 6

Beith

St Cadocs

Auchinleck Talbot

Johnstone Burgh

Clydebank

Pollok

I think will be at least 8 teams (these 6 plus Cumnock & Darvel) with a genuine goal of winning the league.

Bottom 4

Drumchapel

Glenafton

Shotts

Benburb

Bottom 4 just going off last season & players leaving especially for Benburb. I could see Hurlford getting dragged into a relegation battle this season but should have enough to stay out bottom 3...

Darvel have zero chance of winning the league , our first 11 won’t be too bad but any injuries and suspensions and it’s  mainly under 20’s and they might be good players but nowhere near the standard required for this league but I agree Cumnock could be dark horses 

for me burgh will win it 

relegation - benburb shotts and I’ve a feeling we could go down , hopefully I’m wrong 

With the Burgh only just returning to the top league, my knowledge of the teams has yet to grow.  However in the spirit of taking part here are my (largely) unqualified predictions

Top Three

Johnstone Burgh

St Cadocs

Drumchapel

Bottom Three

Beith

Benburb

Troon

I predict Pollok, Darvel, Clydebank and Shotts BA will be strong this year and will push Drumchapel hard for the third spot. At the other end of the table, Glenafton and Gartcairn will not finish far above Beith but Beith's turnover of playing staff, unrealistic expectations and perceived right to win will cause infighting and a panic that will plague the season and ultimately consume them.  

It will be a shame as Beith do serve a fine pie! Also as I predict the Buffs will sort themselves out and return to the top table, next season will be robbed of the Buffs v Beith derby.

Edited by TediousTom

13 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

I think Darvel is a terrible surface, from what I have heard the repairs for the pitch aren't touching the surface. 

P.S. I am not a Darvel fan, for me I would rather a team like Medda back in with a fan base. 

Aye ok Rhubarb 😂

Top 3

Drumchapel

St Cadocs

Gartcairn

Bottom 3

Clydebank 

Benburb

Hurlford

Saw enough of Drumchapel last season not to underestimate them. Shotts has really wide pitch and experienced management (excellent pies). Maybe frustration might affect fans of bigger Clubs expectations and lead to management changes causing disruption to playing staff. St Cadocs I expect to continue as they finished last season 

Predictable scenario...Beith Manager moves to Johnstone Burgh in November and Burgh pitch gets so flooded in January that they have to groundshare at Beith. Jackdaw gets to see his favourite players in a different strip and becomes a Johnstone Burgh supporter 😄

Top 3 in no particular order

St Cadocs, Clydebank, Talbot

Positions 4 to 8, again in no particular order: Burgh, Pollok, Cumnock, Beith, Largs

Bottom 3

SBA, Darvel, Troon

edit to revise Troon for the drop instead of the Bens

Edited by Johnstonian

Have benburb lost a lot of players, know one of their strikers went to beith. Been written off by some.

Would imagine top two will be johnstone burgh, st cadocs in what order. Will be another tight crazy season for sure.